Thread: Preview of PHP scripts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Preview of PHP scripts?

Ok, here I post my third question as suggested by Barbara:

Does NOF 2015 have a built-in web server to see the output of PHP scripts in an internal preview? If not: Is it possible to quickly (i.e. with one click or with a shortcut) publish the current page to a local web-space like e.g. XAMPP? (To see the output of PHP scripts).

No it doesn't... and yes you can publish locally and use WAMP or XAMPP or whatever to install Apache and PHP.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks, Chuck. is this possible with one single click or shortcut?

In the past I've used MoWes Portable, which can be setup and run from a USB stick.

The company that developed it has gone out of business -- tough business model to give things away for free.

It can still be downloaded from Softpedia, however in a simple PHP+SWL+Apache and in a complete package which includes things like Wordpress (IIRC).

Unfortunately, it's never a simple, one-click thing. You have to publish to your virtual server folder, then run the server emulation.
    Our German friends had a virtual server that was linked to NOF. Maybe Thomas or Barbara can remind us of the link. It may need updating to work with NOF2015...
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

PHP script preview is messed with coding which you can't diagnose the issue's of your site if you were totally newbie in this era. as when I start developing my new site page (YO WhatsApp) I also mistakenly open it's php script file and accidently I changed some coding in it which vanished my whole page from the web.