Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pages centered in design view?

Default Pages centered in design view?

Hi! In Current Site Options I have checked the option Center Site in Browser. However, in design view the pages are still left-aligned. So how can I make the pages in design view centered too?

The page has to be left aligned in design view.

Why does it have to be left aligned?

The entire layout area as a whole will be centered in the browser, not the individual elements. The relative alignment of the layout area to the left is irrelevant in that regard, and more efficiently uses the screen real estate.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

But it would be nice to have a WYSIWYG page view. Look at MS Word, or OpenOffice Writer or other page-oriented design programs: They all have a horizontally centered page view.

Get over it.

The rulers are anchored to the top left corner. Meaning the page is as well.

Comparing web design to word processors isn't really relevant and rather pointless.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Panino View Post
    But it would be nice to have a WYSIWYG page view.
    Well, it is WYSIWYG as far as the layout is concerned. That's the point of NOF. If you want something centered in your layout, you put it in the center.

The only thing that happens when you check "Center on Page" is you have blank space on either side of your layout when viewed in the browser. Nothing moves to the center because that would not be WYSIWYG.

If you want to see it as it would be published, click "Preview" or do a local publish.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    If you want to see it as it would be published, click "Preview" or do a local publish.
    I want to see it as it would be published in the design view. Is That Asking Too Much?

I think if you select Preview and select one of your browsers it shows as it will when published.

I have been having problems all day with one page (one that I added). When previewing, all the pages are centered in the browser (as desired) except for the page I added. Can you tell me where I went wrong? Thanks.