Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded.... Program will not start??

Default Upgraded.... Program will not start??

Weird stuff.... I upgraded to 2015, the install did not give any indication of problems. When I tried to start the program it acted like it was starting but nothing happened, tried several more times.... nothing? I checked the program manager and it showed five fusion15.exe's working.

I stopped all the fusion files but kept the program manager up, started fusion again and it shows the program working in applications and processes but nothing comes up.

So far I've restarted windows... uninstalled 15, reinstalled, restarted windows..... restarted 15, still indicating that its running in the manager but nothing on screen.

Bill

More..... downloaded install file again... uninstalled the the current NOF 2015 then reinstalled from the new file. Same stuff, program looks like wants to start but nothing comes up. The program manager shows fusion15.exe in the processes section hitting the processor up to 50 to 60 percent
    Last edited by billE; 01-30-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Which Windows version do you have?

Using Windows 7

32bit or 64bit? ServicePack?

Sorry.... 64bit Win7 Version 6.1.7601 SP 1 build 7601
    Last edited by billE; 01-30-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Same as here, where it starts without problems.

I don't know whether the NOF2015 setup program has a built-in integrity check (a test for the correct checksum of the setup file). But sometimes in the download something goes wrong. You could try to re-download the setup program and compare the MD5 hashes of the two files. If they are identical, they most probably are not corrupted.

Another test to distinguish whether the error is in the setup or in your computer configuration: Download and install Sandboxie and run the NOF setup program in the sandbox. Then run NOF from the default sandbox (sandboxed). If it runs from the sandbox then the error is in your computer configuration.
    Last edited by Peter Panino; 01-30-2015 at 07:24 PM.

I am having the same problem.

I am using win 8.1.

It shows as running in the task master but it doesn't display on screen.

I used the free version, it worked fine, uninstalled it when I bought the full version. Installed it and it hasn't worked since.

1. make sure Java is installed

2. make sure antivirus or windows defender or microsoft security essentials are disabled when you install Nof

3. run the installer as admin with right click

4. when starting Nof for the first time, right click and run as admin, after that, just start normal

Angry No luck!!

Tried it... Twice actually, with no effect. I guess I can install it on a different machine but I don't have any prior software on it, so the upgrade would not work on it... Right?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    1. make sure Java is installed

2. make sure antivirus or windows defender or microsoft security essentials are disabled when you install Nof

3. run the installer as admin with right click

4. when starting Nof for the first time, right click and run as admin, after that, just start normal

can I see a screenshot of your Java about screen? see attached example

you can install the upgrade on any PC without previous version, all you need is the previous version serial during the installation
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0489.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	2100