Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded.... Program will not start??

sometimes, automatic windows updates break things and then a future update fixes it again

I have auto updates disabled on all my PCs and I check manually every few weeks and install them but only after making a Win7 image, if something is wrong after the windows updates, I can reload the Win7 image

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    sometimes, automatic windows updates break things and then a future update fixes it again

I have auto updates disabled on all my PCs and I check manually every few weeks and install them but only after making a Win7 image, if something is wrong after the windows updates, I can reload the Win7 image
    yes - stopped auto updates 10 years ago
    and am VERY selective on the ones I do fetch
    am confident that was not the issue = but good idea !

anyway = happy with 13 and might jump to 15

Banned

I finally decided to purchase an upgrade to NOF 2015 (been using NOF10).
    All seemed to install ok, icons added etc, but like others the program would not start. I tried running as Administrator, tried clicking directly on the .exe file. nothing happens.

Now then....I read a previous reply from Thomas "have you checked that you have both java 64 bit and java 32 bit installed, as you have a 64 bit OS but the software NOF 2015 is 32 bit??".
    Is that the problem? I run WIN8 64 bit....and I seem to remember a while back when I had to reinstall NOF10 that I had to place it OUTSIDE Program files.
    Should I be doing the same here?

Banned

Can I just add that NOF10 was places OUTSIDE Program Files(X86) FOLDER but INSIDE Program Files.
    By default though NOF2015 indicated to place it INSIDE Program Files(X86).

Mmmmm......uninstalled fro Program Files (X86) and installed again just to Program Files.

Still cannot start program normally, as Administrator or directly by the .exe file - nothing happens. ?????
    Last edited by gprit; 03-08-2015 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Additional information

NoF is a 32 bit application and therefore should be in the Program Files (x86) directory. It will not run from the Program Files directory. You should have both java 32 and 64 bit versions installed, but you [I]must[I] have the 32 bit version.

Banned

ok...WIN8 - I am definitely running 64 bit version.
    Java has both 32-bit and 64 bit installed.

So any thoughts what is wrong when NOF installed in Program files (X86) but not starting?

Win8 is well known to break installations by blocking items with defender etc, be sure it is set to startup type "disabled" after stopping the service, and that any antivirus program is off during installation

also, when you install, right click the installer file and choose run as admin

Thanks Peter Paninos for this suggestion:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post80088

Since we had quite a number of broken downloads (full versions, upgrades and updates) I would welcome including the information on checksums of the various versions right next to the download. See this as an example:

https://www.apachefriends.org/de/download.html

As far as I found out the checksum for NOF 2013 (MD5) is the following: 440b0730ec5dd7c690003e78a620009a

If the MD5 and SHA1 checksums are known, users can check the integrity of their downloads.

Banned

Got it installed at last - Windows Defender already disabled and after research I found out how to disable Bit Defender anitvirus.
    I also installed as administrator. I do get an error message when opening (see attached) but if I close the message it seems to work ok.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	script error.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	2135
    Maybe I should open a new thread(?) but initial questions:
    1) How do I see the Text/Layout Region etc properties.......I only see html - css on the RH side
    2) How can i get tabs for Page Preview/HTML source view instead of having to GO/Page preview and HTML?
    3) I only see one font PT Sans??? Trying things out on a template I cant change the font.
    4) I look at Picture Properties etc - where do I find where to link them/format the links?
    5) when I switch page tabs I keep getting error message as attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy to Assets.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	2136

I appreciate I have got so used to NOF10 but I think I prefer the NOF10 layouts!!! Everything was on the RH side - so easy.

UPDATED
    Getting to grips with 1/2/4/ and sorted 3 out.
    The one annoying this still happening is (5)...any thoughts why this is happening. Looks like Java message but I have updated Java to latest versions.
    Last edited by gprit; 03-09-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Update.....

5. untick the "add to assets folder" option in the image browse dialog at the bottom, it is an unwanted (by myself) option enabled as default

also, be sure you set gif, jpg and png handling to "not optimized" in application settings, this is also a silly default option that will land all your images in the autogen folder
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 03-10-2015 at 04:09 AM.