Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTML dialog tabs

Default HTML dialog tabs

Hi

Just upgraded to NOF2015 and the HTML dialog seems to have changed. Where did the TABs go. The online help still references TABs, but I do not have TABS. I have buttons on the title bar that navigate to the different sections, but not TABs that segregate the section blocks.

Am I missing a setting that will restore the TABS.

Thanks
    Bill

Well I guess no one knows the answer.

Does anyone else see the new dialog as a problem?

Is there a way to get the TABed dialog back, I have looked through application settings and cannot find one.

I develop with coldfusion. Many blocks have 10s lines and some have 100s of lines of code. With the TADs I can <Ctrl>A select all and copy/paste complete blocks between NOF and my editor.
    With the new DOWN GRADED dialog I have only been able to select line by line with the arrow keys (Select all does not respect the blocks, it selects all for the whole dialog, not the blocks ). This takes a great deal more time and is prone to errors by selecting to many or to few lines.

If no one knows how to get the old dialog back does anyone know a keyboard short cut to select the areas of the new dialog that correspond to the TAD areas.

Thanks
    Bill

You did not mention what "previous" version you were using.

I will assume it was Version 10 or earlier as 10 was the last version of the product that used "tabs" in the masterborder and layout html insert.

The new html insert works just like a "compartmentalized" text editor where you can insert between the Fusion written code blocks.

You can grab the corners of the insert window and expand it full display width/height if you need to see more of your code to edit or copy/paste

The insert areas are the same. The difference is you have access to ALL of them from the same interface instead of having to open each section one at a time.

Here is a tutorial I did when this changed a number of years ago that might help

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4068
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the reply.

Not what I hoped for but what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bhannan View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Not what I hoped for but what I expected.
    It IS progress.

Once you get used to doing all of your editing without having to click the property tab you will appreciate the improvement. You will notice that once you resize the html input box the next time you open it is at the previous size. Big improvement in speed of access
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I must say I miss the blue code, it was easy to see where I inserted code, now it is a headache to select all the right things, so I also prefer Nof9 and earlier in this regard

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I must say I miss the blue code, it was easy to see where I inserted code, now it is a headache to select all the right things, so I also prefer Nof9 and earlier in this regard
    I really miss the Fusion 7 and earlier publish view that was similar to FTP than the current model. It also allowed you to clear local publish AND the remote server within publish view

Oh well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deletePrevLocalPubProfile.gif 
Views:	292 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	2114

It's not progress for someone that has large blocks of code that are pasted back in forth during development and/or debugging.

OLD: One click after opening the html dialog and you can <Ctrl>A and then <Ctrl>C or <Ctrl>V.

NEW: One click after opening the html dialog places the cursor at the start of your code and then you need to use keyboard and/or mouse to select while scanning for the end of your code.

"NEW" takes a lot more time and effort than the muscle memory steps of "OLD".

You could always resize the dialog and you could see complete code in the upper TAB. The upper TAD was not editable but you select and copy html from it.

If they felt the need to make the dialog look new they should have had a setting to pick old or new. Compared to generating HTML from the visual tools, selecting a dialog that already exists is trivial.

Bill

I also preferred the old html input box...

I also preferred the old html input box...
    And I also. Personally I think the OE's suggestion is a good one. It also applies to other areas of the interface; some of the 'newer' features are a backwards step. Or maybe I'm just getting old and don't like change for the sake of change when there's no real benefit in that change.