Thread: Windows update 11 Feb 2015

Default Windows update 11 Feb 2015

My Win Vista system updated itself yesterday, and since then the layout page in NOF 11 shows text very faintly (looks like Courier..?). No other software affected, and there have been no other changes to the system or NOF.

Published pages still show online correctly, so no big problem, just a heads-up for anyone else who suddenly notices the same

no problem here with NOF 11 under Win 7. but the Preview of NOF 2013 ist still broken.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufenpreis View Post
    I have no problem here with NOF 11 under Win 7 too.
    It's Windows Vista...
    Screenshots below just to illustrate - it's not a major problem but whatever it is only affected Netobjects!
    First screengrab is from the layout page, second is the published page (how it used to look in layout!!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen1.JPG 
Views:	332 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	2117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen2.JPG 
Views:	329 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	2118

Do you use IE as your browser? Is it affected also? Unfortunately there's no way to prevent NoF using IE as its rendering engine and I'd bet it has to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Do you use IE as your browser? Is it affected also? Unfortunately there's no way to prevent NoF using IE as its rendering engine and I'd bet it has to do with this.
    Hi Franko,

Firefox is my default browser, but of course IE 9 is installed. It's just one of those weird problems that's too much trouble to investigate properly!! All other software (various vendors) and web browsers work exactly as before, and the published output looks as intended on all browsers local and online - it's only while viewing in NOF layout or preview that the text looks clipped, so it must be something to do with how NOF renders the screen output in general?

Sadly I don't have any other versions of NOF installed now apart from 11, so can't say if they would have been affected.
    I have an older pc running XP and 11 and that still looks fine (no recent updates of course..) and also a pc running 8.1 but NOF isn't installed on that.

Other than that NOF 11 still works fine and as intended

Ken

Some more info on this......

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3023562)
    MS15-010: Description of the security update for Windows kernel mode driver: February 10, 2015

<snip>

"Known issues with this security update

After you install security update 3013455, you may notice some text quality degradation in certain scenarios. The problem occurs on computers that are running the following operating systems:
    Windows Server 2008 SP2
    Windows Server 2003 SP2
    Windows Vista SP2
    Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available. "

A few hours after posting this, a fix was added to the Microsoft Knowledge Base support page (thanks Mike for the heads-up!)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3013455

Installed that and everything is back to normal :-)
    Last edited by Trimdoner; 02-19-2015 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Fix added to MS page