Thread: Problem with link to pop-up window not working

Default Problem with link to pop-up window not working

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to create a link to a pop-up window displaying text information to help in viewing my pages. I am trying to do this with Firefox as my default browser. Might this be the problem and I need to work from Internet Explorer?

I'm using a small graphic of a book for the viewer to click on to get additional information on who the famous writers were in a group of one hundred year old letters I collected.

I'm still a little lost with the written explanations I've found relating to Fusion 13 which I am using.

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

add a new page and add the text

then select your book image and link to that new page via the target "popup window" option (bottom left of link window), set size and position etc

Dear Anton, Thank you your guidance. I followed (as best I could) the steps you gave me and the first time I couldn't make the pop-up window appear. I tried a second time with the same result and it closed the application. Tried a 3rd time after electing to start with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and I did manage to have a pop-up window appear with the selected in it.

Then took a break and tried it all again a little later and I couldn't get it to work again. I'll try again tomorrow and try to find out what I'm doing wrong.

A new try on Sunday. Still can't get the pop-up to work correctly. Perhaps the real problem is an error message as I try to complete the link. Here it is:

NetObjects Fusion 2013
    Connection to IE lost! Will cancel preview.

And then NetObjects quits completely!

Oh, another question I had was after one selects to link from the graphic and picks the Pop-up Window as the target, how do the Add & Edit buttons work to identify where specifically the text is to be placed in the pop-up?

All best wishes to you and the kindness you extend to those of us still somewhat wet behind the ears.

Barry
    Last edited by bardow; 02-15-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: New Information

the edit button lets you set the size and position of the popup as well as allow scrollbar etc

so when you design the page with text for a popup, you need to design with the popup window dimensions in mind, I usually make a zero margin masterborder page (don't use default masterborder) of say 400x400 and add the text so it is nicely fitting, then I make my popup a similar size

it works here in IE11. FF35, and Chrome, I assume you have the latest update for Nof installed? Also, antvirus and malware programs can prevent popus while testing locally, be sure to exclude Nof and User sites from being scanned/monitored

what is your OS?