Thread: Mosaic question (OR a mobile question in general) NEED help

Default Mosaic question (OR a mobile question in general) NEED help

The pricing on mosaic.... the annual price of 49.95 per year is that for use of the program, or is that for just one site? Do you have to pay 49.95 a year (or whatever it is monthly) for EACH site you make? It doesn't say in the documentation.

And......

if it's per site pricing, do you know of ANY mobile site builder out there that allows you to build multiple sites for one price? I don't want to get into paying per site.

Thanks in advance!

-pk

Personally I build my sites in Fusion and run a selection script that queries the viewport of the device making the http request and serves the appropriate version of the site. If you're looking at a dedicated mobile builder then you're only going to get a mobile site. Building in NoF means you can more easily repurpose content for the different sizes. These days mobile resolution is so good I usually only build a 320px and a 960px version of the site, but you could also do a 480px version if you wanted (or thereabouts; sizing isn't critical).

Hi Franko,

Are there selection scripts readily available? And, where do you place them? As you can probably tell, I'm not a coder or professional developer, but I do build sites for some businesses I am involved with and would like to upgrade those sites so that they are mobile as well as monitor friendly. thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by mvrock View Post
    Are there selection scripts readily available? And, where do you place them? As you can probably tell, I'm not a coder or professional developer, but I do build sites for some businesses I am involved with and would like to upgrade those sites so that they are mobile as well as monitor friendly. thanks for any input.
    Wordpress or Joomla would be the obvious way forward, as NOF is slipping behind badly at the moment when it comes to responsive design and accommodating different screen sizes and mobile/tablet/desktop formats.
    I don't have the latest version, but I have several sites still maintained in NOF 11. I upgraded to 13 but didn't find any improvements which made it worthwhile moving sites into 13.
    I may incur the wrath of NOF diehards but I see 12, 13 and 15 as updates to NOF 11, with no major usable new features or improvements. Sorry, NetObjects

I'm actually moving away from the concept of responsive design as far as most small brochureware sites go in favour of producing two site versions, one for mobiles (360-480px) and one for tablets, laptops and desktops (960px - 1024px). The resolution of most tablets, especially the double pixel models (eg Retina) is so good now that a site designed for the desktop displays just fine on tabs. If you only have up to 20 or 30 pages then it's not an onerous task to build two versions. If you really want to add a great deal of functionality you're better off creating an app for mobiles.

Sometimes, of course, RWD is a necessary solution. In that case personally I've moved away from Wordpress as I hate having my sites look like everybody else's (I can tell a wordpress site instantly) and would recommend checking out Macaw.

Re scripts: Google for 'em. There are many available on the internet. Alternatively you can check out the script I use here. Easy enough to adapt the variables.

thank you, franko

I am here to suggest you to download this multiplayer shooting game mod apk