Thread: Site Styles Banner. Unable to Change in NOF 2015

Default Site Styles Banner. Unable to Change in NOF 2015

Hello Franko and Friends on NOF 2015. I successfully upgraded from 2013 to 2015, however having trouble changing to a 'New' Banner in Site Styles folder.
    Cannot click and 'activate' the existing 'Old' Banner. The 'Old' Banner seems to be locked in a Zip file but I cannot locate it...the normal procedure of clicking on the banner in the Site Style folder is not working. Any suggestions, thanks, Gazzaly.

Before changing a style, duplicate and rename it first (rename the duplicate, that is). When you change a style it is changed for all sites that use it and for all time; no going back other than uninstalling/reinstalling. The original styles are 'Read Only' for a reason but you can change a duplicate as much as you want without affecting the original style. Just good housekeeping.

hi Bluesman and Franko,

Thanks for the tips on changing a Banner in Site Style.

Unfortunately, I spent 2 hours but cannot get any of the Active SiteStyles, Local SiteStyles or Legacy SiteStyles to activate into banner edit mode..(to replace a NOF Banner with my own Banner).

The banners in all Site Styles do not activate when you double click the current banner in Style view.

I unchecked 'read only'...I was unable to edit any of the new Site Styles that were included in NOF 2015 or earlier Site Styles from 2013.

It is noticeable that the Styles Property box is not active, the 'Name' of the Site Style is light grey (not Black).

I was able to successfully edit Text in the 'Selectors' section....so Text is editable...a bit of a mystery as I have done the exchange of Banners in earlier NOF versions.
    I went back and opened my NOF2013 and was quickly able to complete the change of banner ...but of course it has no effect on the NOF2015.
    Thanks for your assistance, I will just leave the existing Banner in position until we can arrive at a solution.
    Thanks , Gazzaly

You can view my existing Banner at www.corporate.com.au

hi Franko,

I forgot to mention I did duplicate a new NOF-2015 Site Style, Blog-Orange (changed its name to create a new Site Style), but still no luck with editing the banner...

I have tested that style and I can change the banner after unlocking the style
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/Anton-0115.mp4

I think you should try too install and start NOF as administrator using the standard install procedure.

Also pls check whether you have the java RE with 32 bits on your system.

Save your projects in NOF13 as templates and open the templates (zip) in NOF2015 in order to upgrade your projects.

Hello Barbara,

Fantastic...!!

you solved the Banner problem in Site Styles....! You had a very clever suggestion!

For new readers I followed Barbara's instructions... 'right' clicked my NOF-2015 icon on the desktop and selected 'Run As Administrator'....NOF-2015 opens and now the Banner can be selected and changed for a new banner in Site Styles.

I noticed the 'Set As Style' button did not activate so after I deleted the old banner , and placed my new banner, I went to FILE tab and then clicked on 'Save Site'...

And now my new Banner is appearing.

I can confirm also that the Java RE with 32 bits is operating on my system as Barabara suggested I should check.

Thank you Barbara, Anton, Franko and Bluesman!

Quote Originally Posted by gazzaly View Post
    Hello Barbara,

Fantastic...!!

you solved the Banner problem in WhatsApp Plus Site Styles....! You had a very clever suggestion!

For new readers I followed Barbara's instructions... 'right' clicked my NOF-2015 icon on the desktop and selected 'Run As Administrator'....NOF-2015 opens and now the Banner can be selected and changed for a new banner in Site Styles.

I noticed the 'Set As Style' button did not activate so after I deleted the old banner , and placed my new banner, I went to FILE tab and then clicked on 'Save Site'...

And now my new Banner is appearing.

I can confirm also that the Java RE with 32 bits is operating on my system as Barabara suggested I should check.

Thank you Barbara, Anton, Franko and Bluesman!
    Thanks for starting this thread it help me a lot...