Thread: Unwanted space at bottom of text box?

Default Unwanted space at bottom of text box?

In design I have a text box and then place 3 pictures under it. In preview it leaves a huge space between the bottom of the text box and the tops of the side by side pics that doesn't show in preview. I never had this happen before and can't see anything that is causing it. Thanks much!

I'm still a bit new to Fusion 13, but I've run into that problem a bit. Most times I try selecting all items on the page (Ctl A)and then check the text box. It usual reveals there is extra empty space at the bottom of the text box. If so I just click into the empty white space inside the box and then hit my backspace key to get rid of the empty lines.

If that isn't the problem it maybe there is hidden white space at the top of your three pictures which should be revealed if you selected all items. You should then be able to make a similar adjustment.

Also I have sometimes left a start of a text box and then change my mind. It can also leave something that is almost invisible. Look carefully because the "all select" should reveal something as small as a single character, but can actually occupy a sizable bit of space. Just delete the almost invisible item and the added space should no longer be in your ways.

Hope that helps.

in select all everything looks like it should. I agree there is something not visible that is requiring the space, but I can't see it. There must be some way to force it clear. Anyone?

Another thought. How about trying to do a full move of the text box and/or your group of three pictures. See if there is anything hiding underneath them. Actually just doing a Ctl+X for either will remove them from view. Do select all again. See if that locates the hidden object. Of course, paste back the item or items you removed after removing the object.

text menu, manage text styles, select normal P, edit to set space above and space below to 0px
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0503.png 
Views:	259 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	2127  

Anton, thanks so much!