Thread: ZoomSearch v7 & NOF2013

Default ZoomSearch v7 & NOF2013

I'm trying to integrate a search function into my website using the latest version of ZoomSearch and seem to be having problems getting it to work. I originally tried the Lansrad tutorial for integrating ZoomSearch in NOF, but this was quite old. I have also tried the gotfushion tutorial and whilst I have followed the guide I get the text to ask the visitor to enter their search information, but the dialog box and submit button do not appear.

I am using 1&1 for my webhosting and believe I have loaded all the files correctly.

Sorry if i am being a bit dense, but this is all new to me and whilst I love the simple tutorials, I must be missing something

Many thanks

Nick

Another tutorial I did long ago.

Haven't tested it with Zoom v7.

http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/sitesearch.php
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Many thanks for replying to this. I am really struggling though and have tried this but must confess I am totally lost with some of the terms.

Zoom 7 advises that I should convert to asp, as opposed to using php which is for Linux. So I have done this and replaced your php with asp, but suspect it isn't that simple.

I also followed step 6 re inserting the HTML in the page layout of the Masterborder (I clicked on the HTML tab and just copied the code into the open windown after the 1st 'Head' entry

The result is that the page when published just shows the "Enter one or more..." text, but there is no box to enter a search and no drop down to show results per page

What am I doing wrong please - do I need a form or is the text box OK for that

Sorry for being thick

Many thanks again

Nick

Since writing this post I have been onto Wrensoft website and they advise to use the following code

<form method="GET" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="10">
    <input type="submit" value="Search">
    </form>

This has created the form but just returns a load of information about Zoom Search 7 and code below it - it appears not to be executing the code.

I also went on their FAQs which suggested adding
    <!--#include file="search.asp"-->
    But when I replaced the GET action above with this nothing happened

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks

Nick

What server are you on? Does it have Active Server Pages installed? If it's not a windows server then it's unlikely to have. Both ASP and PHP can be compiled for pretty much every server OS but it's true you do tend to find ASP only on windows servers; PHP is usually installed on all hosting servers. You need to check with your host.

Many thanks for this - I will make some enquiries. Might just try it all as php and see what happens too

Fantastic - it worked - thank you ever so much.