Thread: textbox gone rogue!

Default textbox gone rogue!

I've been using fusion as an amateur for 14 years and I have never seen anything like this. I'm helping a friend in another state build a site remotely by phone. It has been going very well, but she has a long textbox on one page. No matter if height is locked, no matter if if site style is normal and margins are at zero, it will still produce a 300 or so pixel space at the bottom of the textbox when published. We have tried typing the text directly into fusion, the space is still there. We have deleted both the page and the entire site and rebuilt them, still there. What's even weirder is that I can create the page here and there is no such problem. She even uninstalled fusion and reinstalled it, same thing. What could possibly be causing this> Thanks

what is her html output setting?

when using long textboxes, it is always wise to to to text menu, manage text styles, edit Normal P and set spacing above and below to 0px

also, make sure text size is set to px and not to pt or % etc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0503.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	2131  

Yes we tried that and it still left the space. But it works correctly for me with either setting. AND I even, in desperation, broke the text box into snips and placed them on the page with no textbox, and it still leves the space. But nothing like that happens on any other page, and the page in question has been deleted and rebuilt several times with no effect.

Just a thought - in Site Options -> General -> HTML Options make sure 'Use transparent gif as spacer' try toggling this and see if it makes a difference.

I will ask again, what is your html output setting?

Normal P
    with spacing set to zero in pixels

what is your html output setting? HTML5? HTML5 dynamic? HTML 4.01? HTML 4.01 with tables?