Thread: popup window on hover

Default popup window on hover

Is it possible to open a simple pop up when an object is hovered over?
    Bit like Hotspot but no need to click....and ideally without linking to a new page...just need some text that fades in when hovered and fades out when hover removed....
    thanks.

Many thanks Thomas

Sorry to bother again.....trying these out. Not being a Java code writer where can I find scripts to eg show a text message..(ie a person profile) from an image?
    I looked at some Java pages but they don't seem to fit what I am looking for as JavaScript has three kind of popup boxes: Alert box, Confirm box, and Prompt box, each requiring some sort of user action. Ijust want to display some additional information.
    Last edited by gprit; 03-08-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Ah I see!! so simple once you have done it once...thanks again.

And just to clear things up, Java and Javascript are completely different things. Java is a compiled object-oriented programming language used for writing applications (among many other things). Javascript is a scripting language (it runs not on the server but in the client browser) and is used for building interactivity in a web page. YOu can't use javascript to write stand alone applications. Similar names but completely different animals, not to be confused with one another.

very difficult settings to do because I also want to do the same with my site page fm whatsapp and I had a very tuff time to fix it.