Thread: Page Preview Problem

Default Page Preview Problem

Not sure if this has come up before somewhere but can anyone suggest a fix? I'm using Fusion 15 and when I preview the design page the slider on the vertical scroll bar disappears and so I cannot move the page up or down to review the content. The horizontal scroll bar works fine, it's just the vertical one that disappears. Has anyone come across this and know of a solution? Thanks.

Use Local Publish to preview your site rather than the Preview tab which has never given an accurate preview. Not a fault of Preview; it's designed to just give a quick idea of how the page all lay out. But Local Preview publishes all the generated code so you can see precisely how the page will look and you can check it it a variety of browsers. Once it's looking good, you can then ftp your Local Publish up to your web server instead of using the inbuilt FTP facility which, while it works ok in most cases, doesn't meet the needs of all hosts, especially if you're running your own web server.

the preview tab always was very exact with my (many) projects. the decribed problem occured in release 13 (I don't work with r. 15 so far), caused by one of Microsofts update to IE or Win 7. with one of the following MS updates the problem suddenly was gone. so there's still hope for you

I've never relied on Preview for an accurate rendition, mainly because it doesn't (or didn't) show any components in their right places or sizes, which meant you could get overlapping objects if one of those object was a component which had another object very close to it. I've always found Local Publish a much more accurate preview of the actual site. Still, horses for courses.

with one of the following MS updates the problem suddenly was gone. so there's still hope for you
    Unless you're running windows 10, in which case, to quote Dante Aligheri, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

It looks like I'll just be using Local Publish then. I only upgraded to F15 from F8 last week and Page Preview always worked fine for me on F8. Still that's progress I suppose. Thank you both for the advice.