Thread: Text box not displaying properly

Default Text box not displaying properly

I want to display the text box as it shows in NOF: with a darker background, as shown in the screen capture.

After publishing (tried HTML 4, currently HTML 5 Dynamic) the text displays, but the background does not change from the background of the larger text area/payout region. See index page here: here

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text Box.PNG 
Views:	522 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	2142  

your website is infected by Microsoft Word formatting code, see below, delete the code by clicking the layout or materborder html button

Note: whenever you copy and paste from Word to Nof, use paste special, plain text, this will strip the word formatting code automatically, or copy paste via notepad

<STYLE>
    <!--
    /* Font Definitions */
    @font-face
    {font-family:"Cambria Math";
    panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;
    mso-font-charset:1;
    mso-generic-font-family:roman;
    mso-font-formatther;
    mso-font-pitch:variable;
    mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;}
    @font-face{font-family:Calibri;panose-1:21552224324;mso-font-charset:0;mso-generic-font-family:swiss;mso-font-pitch:variable;mso-font-signature:-5368701451073786111104150;}@font-face{font-family:Cambria;panose-1:2453546324;mso-font-charset:0;mso-generic-font-family:roman;mso-font-pitch:variable;mso-font-signature:-5368701451073743103004150;}/*StyleDefinitions*/p.MsoNormal,li.MsoNormal,div.MsoNormal{mso-style-unhide:no;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.0pt;margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"TimesNewRoman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}h1{mso-style-priority:9;mso-style-unhide:no;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-link:"Heading1Char";mso-style-next:Normal;margin-top:24.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphanlines-together;page-break-after:avoid;mso-outline-level:1;font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Cambria","serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"TimesNewRoman";mso-fareast-theme-font:major-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"TimesNewRoman";mso-bidi-theme-font:major-bidi;color:#365F91;mso-themecolor:accent1;mso-themeshade:191;mso-font-kerning:0pt;}span.Heading1Char{mso-style-name:"Heading1Char";mso-style-priority:9;mso-style-unhide:no;mso-style-locked:yes;mso-style-link:"Heading1";mso-ansi-font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Cambria","serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"TimesNewRoman";mso-fareast-theme-font:major-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"TimesNewRoman";mso-bidi-theme-font:major-bidi;color:#365F91;mso-themecolor:accent1;mso-themeshade:191;font-weight:bold;}.MsoChpDefault{mso-style-type:export-only;mso-default-props:yes;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"TimesNewRoman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}.MsoPapDefault{mso-style-type:export-only;margin-bottom:2.0pt;line-height:115%;}@pageWordSection1{size:8.5in11.0in;ma rgin:1.0in1.0in1.0in1.0in;mso-header-margin:.5in;mso-footer-margin:.5in;mso-paper-source:0;}div.WordSection1{page:WordSection1;}--></STYLE>
    <!-- [if gte mso 10] -->
    <STYLE>
    /* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0in;
    mso-para-margin-right:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:2.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0in;
    line-height:115%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
    </STYLE>

Thanks. I did delete that whole code under Style as you had shown it and re-uploaded my file. No change in the display of the text box, though.

delete the code by clicking the html button on the layout property palette, you missed lots

</script>
    <LINK HREF="file:///C:\Users\Holger\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_filelist.xml" REL="File-List">
    <LINK HREF="file:///C:\Users\Holger\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_preview.wmf" REL="Preview">
    <!-- [if gte mso 9] -->
    <!-- [endif] -->
    <LINK HREF="file:///C:\Users\Holger\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_themedata.thmx" REL="themeData">
    <LINK HREF="file:///C:\Users\Holger\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_colorschememapping.xml" REL="colorSchemeMapping">
    <!-- [if gte mso 9] -->
    <!-- [endif][if gte mso 9] -->
    <!-- [endif] -->

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0in;
    mso-para-margin-right:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:2.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0in;
    line-height:115%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
    </STYLE>
    <!-- [endif] -->

also, you misssed various word meta tags

<META NAME="ProgId" CONTENT="Word.Document">
    <META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="Microsoft Word 15">
    <META NAME="Originator" CONTENT="Microsoft Word 15">

Good to know I could get rid of all that junk. I have tried to be more careful about doing the text only pasting, but all that stuff was probably leftover from previous paste processes.

Anyway, I did all of what you suggested, but the text box still does not display properly. I even added a border to it, but the border does not display at all.

I'm clealy no programmer, but when I look at the object HTML, I'm not surprised it doesn't display right:

<P>Narcissism:<SPAN STYLE="background-color: rgb(255,204,0);"></SPAN> </P>
    <P><SPAN STYLE="font-size: 16px;">Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one’s own talents and a craving for admiration</SPAN></P>
    <P STYLE="margin-bottom: 0px;">Oxford English Dictionary</P>

Ithink my next step will be to delete the text boxes and place new ones.

you are using the wrong charset for HTML5 <META CHARSET="ISO-8859-1">

you should be using UDF8
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/Nof13/UTF8.png

also, make sure you select all text inside the textbox prior to formatting, see attached video

Thanks Anton