Thread: Navigation Problem

Default Navigation Problem

Am using a standard navigation option - Crooked Rain light.
    Site under construction is http://www.libertybs.co.uk/clients/loulou
    Besides the age old problem that despite setting the flyout to bottom it opens to the right I have a more pressing problem.

The flyout menu expands over the text - BUT the sub pages that appear below the menu (ie those showing in a Layout Region) cannot be clicked to go to that page.

In the Location page the flyout menu is hidden behind the map....is there a 'send behind/bring forward option anywhere?
    thank you

This also appeared on a different thread but I guess it should have it's own.
    I still have this problem - I have read and tried changing the z-index via css but makes no difference.
    I have also sent the problem to NOF support but the silence is a little deafening.
    As stated on other post, I built an external menu and pasted in the code and that worked fine - buit I would like to use the Crooked rain standard NOF menu!!
    Have tried using other standard NOF menus and they act the same.

Anyone any other thoughts? It seems to be more where the flyout text overlaps the text in the text box.
    Last edited by gprit; 03-25-2015 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added text

I don't use the built in styles, but it looks like the buttons in the style are semi-transparent. Simply make new buttons that are 100% opaque to cover the text. You can adjust the gaps in the Advanced settings in the Nav Bar properties palette.

Re the flyout being hidden behind the map. I'm still pretty sure this is a z-index problem. Have you checked the map code you inserted to make sure there isn't a z-index argument in that code?

Also have you tried using a custom menu option and adding the pages individually rather than by site setting? Shouldn't make a difference but you never know.

Thought I had posted a reply but I dont see it....so again...

I guess the buttons are semit transparent in that the top half is transparent....based on the size of the largest box. Spacing is 0 ...not too concerned with the gaps.
    Have tried all sorts of things with z-index in my new found knowledge about these thigs, to no avail.
    Tried using a custom menu, but as you suspected made no difference...As mentioned before I DID use an external product to create menu and it was fine.

One thing solved is that the fly out buttons DO now fly out BELOW.

Strange that the 'no link' seems to be when the button text actually overlaps the text box text. If the button text falls between text box text seems to link.

Sparked a thought - does your text box background have transparency? If so, the buttons could be flying out behind the text box but still being seen because the text box has transparency. ie, may be a text box attribute, rather than a nav bar attribute.

Afraid not......all set to automatic....tried setting background to a colour and indeed the flyouts were hidden behind.

Ok...solved!! with assistance from NOF support!)
    Seems that each page needs to have a mixture of Layour regions, some set as HTML 4.01 and other (ie the Navigation bar) set with HTML 4.01 with tables.
    Have to do this on every page but at least it seems to work.

Default same problem

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Ok...solved!! with assistance from NOF support!)
    Seems that each page needs to have a mixture of Layour regions, some set as HTML 4.01 and other (ie the Navigation bar) set with HTML 4.01 with tables.
    Have to do this on every page but at least it seems to work.
    Hello, I have the same problem, and I have tried what you said worked for you with no success.
    I have tried with both HTML4.01/HTML4.01 tables and HTML5/HTML5 dynamic.

are there any other ways I could solve this problem?
    thanks in advance.

I am here to suggest you to download and install this YO WhatsApp which has amazing features and functions to use.