Thread: Netobjects 2015 V13 problem publishing site

Default Netobjects 2015 V13 problem publishing site

I have build a website using Netobjects 2015 V13. I was able to publish site and changes without issue. Now I made some changes to some text and it wont show up after publishing. The connections says successful when tested. I get no errors and the changes appear in the preview. I save my changes to local publish and then I transfer them to server from the publish tool bar. Any ideas why the changes wont publish anymore to the web? I also have tried refreshing and deleting browser cookies.

It's almost certainly a browser cache issue.

Try another browser. Then really clear your cache.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    It's almost certainly a browser cache issue.

Try another browser. Then really clear your cache.
    I have tried this also and used an IPhone and Android device to look at the time site and the changes aren't displayed there either. Its like something is stopping the changes from publishing without and error. here is a screenshot, maybe that will help too. Screen Shot.pdf

At the lefthand side of your screenshot you show the contents of the html-folder. At the right hand side you show the root folder. You should open the html-folder on the right hand side and upload your edited page there. Be cautious and remove any page which may have been doubled on your server. Also you must upload the entire homepage of you made changes in the assets or in site structure.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara0701 View Post
    At the lefthand side of your screenshot you show the contents of the html-folder. At the right hand side you show the root folder. You should open the html-folder on the right hand side and upload your edited page there. Be cautious and remove any page which may have been doubled on your server. Also you must upload the entire homepage of you made changes in the assets or in site structure.
    Ok this sounds promising. I just cant figure out how to upload the edited page from the right side of the page. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm new to NOF.

By the way, it's not wise to upload a pdf file for screenshots as it means downloading the file and opening it in acrobat. I saw your screenshot but was pressed for time and didn't open it. If you upload a jpeg it will open in a browser window or tab (depending on browser settings) and you're more likely to get a response.

Here is a JPEG of the screen shot. I am still having issues getting the published files out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot JPEG.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	2177

As Barbara has told you, you are uploading to your root folder; you need to load to your document root which is not the same thing. You need to upload your index.html and first level files published with it to public_html. The html files you have in your left hand window need to be placed in the html folder on your server, otherwise the paths will not lead anywhere. I've never seen an index.html folder before; did you create this folder? If so, delete it. If you didn't create it and it's part of the site structure, ask your host just what the heck it is for as it is outside the document root.