Thread: Navigation menus

Default Navigation menus

Am not getting very far with solbing my other Navigation thread query, so can I ask about alternatives?
    Have looked at third party products to create menus and the Allwebmenus offering (btw Chuck - excellent tuition article....).

I'm attracted by the Allwebmenus as it can be integrated with NOF, but have a few questions:

For each navigation tab how does the link work?
    eg if the tab is Location, does the link need to be set to (1) location.html (as it will be generated) or (2) to the full path where published?

Hope it is (1) as I develop sites on my own directory initially.
    Suspect it is (2) when a typical link in development would be http://www.mydomain.co.uk/clientname/html/location.html

Once tested and published live I would have to change all of these to: http://www.clientname.co.uk/html/location.html ????
    then if I made changes and needed to test again in development I would have to change back etc etc...each time?

Once compiled is that it or do I also need to upload any files to my hosting server via FTP?

It's best to use a full path for menu links. That way it works no matter how you choose to arrange files when you publish (flat, by asset type or by site structure).

If you use the free AWM component for Fusion (per the tutorial), you don't have to upload anything yourself. The component takes care of everything for you.

Yes, if you test locally, then publish live, you would have to modify the links each time. I personally don't ever find that necessary.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums