Thread: Moving text boxes over pictures - am I doing this correctly

Default Moving text boxes over pictures - am I doing this correctly

All, I had a problem, corrected the problem, but am not sure my correction is "correct"

I reviewed the manual and did Google searches but I clearly missed something and found my "solution" on my own.

I'll try to be succinct

1- I created a new page, it shows the "master boarder" and "layout" areas (so far so good)
    2- I inserted a picture into the "layout" area
    3- I created a text box, outside of the picture but in the same "layout" area.
    4- I tried to move the text box into the picture and it disappears (and other odd things happen). I could only get it to work by creating the text box inside the picture area but this limits functionality and caused problems with revisions.

My trial and error fix -- Did I do this correctly and what did I miss in the manual?

1- Same as above
    2- I added a new "layout Region" inside the "layout"
    3- Now I can add pictures, create text boxes and move them around anywhere I want in the new "layout region"

Did I do this correctly? As I expand this web site design I simply want to ensure that what I did will not create problems down the road. If this was correct, is there any advantage to creating multiple "Layout Regions" inside the page "layout"? It seems that I can also even move one "Layout Region" inside another.

Sorry, I have tried to read through the NOF manual but I either missed this or it wasn't clear. This problem has dogged me since Fusion 11 and I think if what I did is correct it will make my life much easier moving forward.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Bill

Seems like the right answer, and yes, Layout Regions should be used rather than just inserting objects into Layout Region.
    No problem in also having a Layout Region within another Layout Region.

As a matter of interest, re your first points, you can add text over the Image by using the Ae button from within Picture Properties.

Thanks !

- Bill

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Also your html output method affects the placement of objects one on top of another. You cannot do it with html 5 dynamic output. You can do it with fixed output (html 5). You can also have an html output method set for your site and use a different html output method for a layout region within the site.