Thread: Can I increase the textbooks size?

Default Can I increase the textbooks size?

I am not a programmer. I use NOF in the most basic way. I recently had a flat website with really no graphics at all that contained the text of the Bible with links to books, chapters and verses – no actual reference searches such

I had this is a flat website in a folder and I thought that I would add a side menu and a couple of things to it so I tried to import it into NOF. I sort of got it done but I was astounded that when I went to optimise site that it took hours and seemed to stop running. I completed it and uploaded it and then some time later I realised that about half of the book of Psalms could not be viewed. Psalms has the largest number of verses of all the books and the Bible.

I discovered that apparently there was too much text to fit into the page text box. I fixed the problem by creating another page but it took me hours to change all the book of verse links and the link at the end of every verse that went back to the correct menu page.

Is there a better way of doing this? Please bear in mind that I don't really know what I'm doing :-).

Cheers for now
    Dan

How did you get the text into Nof? copy and paste special plain text? if not using paste special plain text, all sorts of formatting code will be imported and cause havoc with the site

is there a URL to inspect and I will be able to confirm right away

Sorry I don't know if the my reply went or not :-) here it is again

Thanks Anton for replying to me.

What I did was install an early version of NOF and use the create from an existing website link – the website was in a folder on my hard drive (index.HTML)

It took hours and hours and hours to do it and at times I thought it was going to fail but eventually it produced the finished article. I uploaded it and it ran for a long time before I realised that if you click to link to a verse in the last 3rd of the book of Psalms then that link didn't work.

After a lot of trial and effort I eventually discovered that the text of all the verses in the book of Psalms was too much to fit in a normal text box in a NOF page.

I eventually decided to make a template of that Psalms page and then import that template so that I had to identical pages for the book of Psalms. I then opened up the 1st page and deleted all the text for Psalms 119 which allowed the hidden text to show and I kept deleting all of this text to complete the 1st page. On the 2nd page of Psalms I deleted the text at the top of the article until Psalms 119 to the end of the book of Psalms was displayed.

I then had to change all the 1st links so they pointed to the correct pages and do the same thing on the 2nd page. There were a lot of them mainly as anchor points. It was a very long and tedious job :-).

It does work now and I added an SWF file to the front page for a bit a splash.

You'll find the live website here:
    http://crosslifechurches.org/BIBLE_KJV

This whole website was done in NOF and I realise it somewhat amateurish :-)

Thanks so much for your help
    cheers for now
    Dan

ouch, the create website from existing is a disaster, avoid at all cost

how do you do it then?

you start a new blank site and then create a textbox and paste any text from anywhere, via paste special, unformatted text

I have set this as my paste default in Nof, so I can copy text from anywhere and simply paste

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/N...te-default.png

Okay but I didn't want to go through all of the work of setting an anchor points to return to the top of the page after each verse and having to redo all those links to the various 66 books endless chapters and an umpteen number of verses with a an anchor point to take me back to the beginning of the chapter. Basically each book is its own page that is divided into chapters and verses – it is a lot of text to add navigation points to :-). I tried to do it the easy way. It does work now but I thought that might have been a quicker and easier way to do it.

Thanks very much for your replies and your help. Cheers for now Dan

unfortunately, there is no quicker (good) way with Nof

Which version did you use originally? Do you still have the original NOF folders?