Thread: Update to 2015 from 2013?

Post Update to 2015 from 2013?

Hi - I am just checking in to ensure that there is support from NetObjects for 2015 - it does seem there is activity here, but not on Facebook - so before I upgrade - I just want to ensure support for any issues I may encounter with 2015. Thank you.

This is a very active user supported forum. The Netobjects staff drop in to answer questions from time to time but most of the support is from other users. There are some of us who have been active here for a decade or more so you should be able to get any questions answered ok - provided, as always, you've read the documentation and made an effort to solve the issue yourself before posting here. But most folk are more than happy to help.

Thanks for the update!

Have been a very long time NoF user (since NoF MX) and all current sites are either designed or updated with NoF 13.

A recent Win 10 update saw my NoF 13 installation deleted but I have the password so I plan to take advantage of the current $45 NoF 15 upgrade offer.

Questions:

1) Can I upgrade and install 2015 with only NoF 13 password but not 13 installed?
    2) if not, where can I download a Win 10 compatible version of 13 to be able to upgrade?

Thanks in advance. Craig

Updating your OS to Windows 10 shouldn't have deleted Fusion. I've done several OS upgrades from Win 7 and 8.1 and it deleted nothing. Unless, of course, you did a clean install of Win 10.

But to answer your questions:

1) You can install the 2015 Upgrade without having 2013 installed. You'll need to enter your 2013 Serial number when asked for it.
    2) 2013 works fine with Windows 10.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Yes, clean Win 10 install. Thanks, the NoF 13 software supplied by Netobjects would not install on my Win 10 system so I bought the 2015 upgrade and set the old NoF 13 password when requested. It installed successfully with all old sites opening as required.

Dear all,

[Sorry for hitchhiking on the previous post...]. I guess upgrading from 12 to 2015 does not delete the sites I am currently working on in 12, and I can go on working on them after the upgrade to 2015 will be finished?

Thanks,
    Lothar

To be safe, export each of your sites from v12 as templates (this is the correct method for migrating). Then install 2015; it will not overwrite any v12 files but install in a separate directory - you will be able to still run v12 alongside 2015 (I have v10, 11, 12, 2013 and 2015 on my system).

To open your sites in 2015 use File->New Site from Template and open the template zip file you created in v12. This is the only safe method for moving your sites from a previous version to a later version. Creating templates bundles all your files into one zip archive, no matter where they were on your system.