Thread: Too much padding around "Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow" from Dynamic Drive

Default Too much padding around "Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow" from Dynamic Drive

Hi All,
    this may or may not be a NOF 15 issue...(windows 7) but I put in the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow that is free from Dynamic Drive. If you look at the page, you will see a space between the bottom of the picture and the text that begins, "Advanced Mold..." I have the picture height/width set to the size of the pictures (875x202).

That space is not in my layout. The script for the show is in a table row, and the text is in another table row directly below it. There is no space in my NOF page.

Where is that extra space coming from?

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd really appreciate it. This has been bugging me for a long time.
    Thanks very much,
    Tom

http://www.advancedmold.biz/graphite.html

Your Fade Slider is inserting a Div after the image slider. See here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fade-slider-div.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	2169

Try converting your Tables to Layout Regions and setting the Publishing method to HTML5 Dynamic. (Repeat after me "I will never use tables again") ;-)
    See here:

Name:	forget-tables.jpg 
Views:	1106 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	2170

Hi Steve...
    Thanks very much! When I go back to work on Monday, I'll look at the DIV, and then convert table to Layout Region. Will you please say something more about my pending pledge to "never use tables again". I am eager to learn. Text box? What is the best way to layout data such as this? Are tables verboten?

Thanking you,
    Tom D.

Hi Tom. Tables are relics of days long gone. In NetObjects Fusion simply add the individual elements (text, images, etc.) directly into the Layout Regions. NOF will handle the positioning for you. As example, the image below is from one of our new blank page layouts. You'll see that it is composed of individual text boxes and images.

Name:	placement-of-content.jpg 
Views:	1112 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	2171

Thanks so much, Steve!!
    Tom