Thread: 2015 problem publish to public_html and preview are different

Default 2015 problem publish to public_html and preview are different

Fusion 2015, in Windows 7.
    I changed the style background and type color.
    both changes show in the page view.
    both changes show in the preview.

changes do not show after publication.
    tow browsers agree. Refreshing the page does not change it.

I deleted the public_html/index.html, and got a directory listing instead of the home page. Correct.
    I published, and the wrong page was back.
    the publish is writing both the index file and the html directory.
    it is just doing it wrong.

how can preview and publish be different when the publish is writing the index file in the correct directory?

I have not a clue how that can happen.

Local Publish and check that. If it's correct, ftp it to your web server. You're doing something wrong but without more information it's impossible to say what. Are the directory and file permissions correct on the server? Are your ftp settings correct in NoF? If the Local Publish is correct then NoF is doing it's job correctly and the problem lies elsewhere.

I finally found it, and fixed it. It was the site style. It had to be. It had been modified, and somehow was defective. I can not explain why the style worked locally, and in preview, but not remotely. When I changed the style, the problem went away. I had to delete the defective site style, and recreate it.
    A total of several hours invested, but finally all solved I think.

Did you create the site in 2015 or bring it in from an earlier version. I've found the latter occasionally breaks things, even if the site is migrated correctly through the template export/import methodIn particular, I've had problems with nav bars simply not showing up on certain pages, while they're fine on all others. 2015 is so different from previous versions in its code generation that it's inevitable that odd problems occur from time to time.

Franko:
    I did the template route from an existing site, but later cut and pasted some content.
    that is probably where it blew up.

It is slightly of concern that the preview did not match the publish by the approved route, but I rarely use it. As long as problem do not start to crop up in sites that now work, I am ok with it.

the publish is way way faster, as is the loading of a website when you start up.