Thread: Firefox and Chrome Links not working

Default Firefox and Chrome Links not working

Do a revamp of the my site using Fusion 15 and when I upload a completed page the image links do not work. (Png or jpg, link attached). They work fine in Internet Explorer but in Chrome and Firefox it just links to the image and not the internal page I am trying to link to.

Any suggestions?

Is the site hosted so we can view the source? Please post the url

The source code is showing the site created in NoF 12 and is using html 4.01. Which means you probably imported your old site and then made some changes. Did you import the site using the recommended export template/new site from template method? I would suggest this is the cause of your problem as the link works fine in View Source. Is the path to the page correct (./html/home.html) on the server?

The advantage of 2015 is that it generates html 5 code (gets rid of all those embedded tables that bedevil your site at the moment) and uses the UTF-8 Unicode character set. I would recommend rebuilding the site in html 5 as it doesn't appear to be a very large one.

I did create in an old version. I followed the recommended method. Ok. I will see if I can make it work. If I open 15 twice on my computer and copy and paste content from the old to the new will it work (convert to html 5)? Or do I have to create whole new pages from scratch?

I've twice had problems migrating sites from earlier versions into 2015, both times with navigation bars. I think the problem is with trying to rewrite the code from html 4.01 (which uses scores of embedded tables for positioning) to 2015's divs. Both times I found it quicker and easier to redo the pages from scratch. And if you're going to cut and paste content, wash it through a text editor first, don't just copy it from the old site into the new. That seems to copy the problem also.

Don't have an explanation for it, just what I've found to be the case on a couple of occasions. Other times the migration goes fine.

thank you for your help!

Just an update on this one. I did all of the above suggestions and the site still did not work. Good news is it forced me to do a new rebuild and clean my site up. Even deleted all files from the host to make sure it was clean. Links still did not work in Firefox. Eventually started doing detective work based upon process of elimination and found that if I imported pictures and did NOT change the picture size the link would work in all browsers. But as soon as I adjusted the image size the link stopped working in Firefox/Chrome. Ended up recreating all of the images I wanted to use as links throughout the size in a series of small, medium, large, and xlarge versions so I could just plug and link without having to resize inside the program. Definitely a bug in Fusion 15 causing this if anyone else runs into the same problem. (Also, you can use any shape making tool like a rectangle and it will link just fine. It is only imported images that need to hold the same size.

Good catch. I'd never have caught it as I've always optimised and sized my images before bringing them in to fusion (Photoshop still has the most advanced resizing algorithms, IMHO). A habit from the days of v90 modems with 33 kb/s upstream rate. Couldn't afford to have a larger than necessary image download and be resized by the browser; took far too long.