Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

  1. #11
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    On 6 Jul 2008 19:44:48 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:

    > My best guess is that the area of the object where the plus sign for the layout
    > region is to be put is just too small for the software to interpret the exact
    > location in finite detail. I notice in all versions of NOF that sides of the
    > square into which I am attempting to put the layout region (on the left or
    > right side of the square) I get a little motion indicator on one side or the
    > other depending on which side the plus mark is closest to. I suspect that as
    > long as one of these is showing the layout region is going to "miss" the object.


    Here is something else you can do that might work for you (at least it does
    here<g>).

    1) Create the table at 100x100 and add the images per the tutorial.

    2) Click the table border and select the properties panel.

    3) Change the WIDTH of the table to 200 (the table will expand).

    4) Use your mouse to drag the LEFT side of the center column (put the mouse
    on it at the center cell) towards the LEFT side of the table. Drag it past
    the point where it appears that you can (it will snap back at the max
    value).

    5) Select the center cell and then add the layout region per the tutorial.

    6) Use the table properties and reset the width to 100. This won't change
    the table (now wider since you expanded it with the layout region), but it
    seems to make NOF **think** it should be narrower.

    7) Collapse the table border and padding per the tutorial.


    Attached are screen shots of this technique with your design.

    Let me know if it works for you.

    Charles


    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cje_ByteMeSpammers_@lansrad.com (remove the _ByteMeSpammers_ to email me)
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious imaging tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #12
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    On 6 Jul 2008 22:17:19 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:

    > I wonder if I am the only one who cannot get this to work.


    Hang in there<g>

    ;-)

    > I made a larger set of "edges" in EZ-Round with high hopes that a larger area
    > would allow NOF to place a layout region in the area.
    >
    > NOPE


    The center cell will ALWAYS be sliced to the smallest image possible (by
    design).


    > For me at least this just does not work.
    >
    > At this point I'm not sure what to do.


    A couple of things:

    1) See my last reply for a slight variation that should work for you.

    2) Use the "Check for Updates" feature in EZRound to upgrade to version 2.1
    (I just noticed on the screen shot that you sent that you are running 2.0).

    It is a free upgrade and it will give you the latest version and updated
    templates for EZRound too. It may not solve your problem, but you should
    be running the newer code.


    With the technique I illustrated in the other post, there is no reason at
    all that you should not be able to hit the target zone.

    Just remember to drag out the layout region larger than the 100x100 table
    so that your forcing NOF to do the expansion work for you.

    Let me know how it goes.

    Thanks!

    Charles





    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cje_ByteMeSpammers_@lansrad.com (remove the _ByteMeSpammers_ to email me)
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious imaging tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #13
    Jim Seavey
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    Charles Edmonds wrote:

    > On 6 Jul 2008 19:44:48 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:
    >
    > > My best guess is that the area of the object where the plus sign for the
    > > layout region is to be put is just too small for the software to interpret
    > > the exact location in finite detail. I notice in all versions of NOF that
    > > sides of the square into which I am attempting to put the layout region (on
    > > the left or right side of the square) I get a little motion indicator on
    > > one side or the other depending on which side the plus mark is closest to.
    > > I suspect that as long as one of these is showing the layout region is
    > > going to "miss" the object.

    >
    > Here is something else you can do that might work for you (at least it does
    > here<g>).
    >
    > 1) Create the table at 100x100 and add the images per the tutorial.
    >
    > 2) Click the table border and select the properties panel.
    >
    > 3) Change the WIDTH of the table to 200 (the table will expand).
    >
    > 4) Use your mouse to drag the LEFT side of the center column (put the mouse
    > on it at the center cell) towards the LEFT side of the table. Drag it past
    > the point where it appears that you can (it will snap back at the max
    > value).
    >
    > 5) Select the center cell and then add the layout region per the tutorial.
    >
    > 6) Use the table properties and reset the width to 100. This won't change
    > the table (now wider since you expanded it with the layout region), but it
    > seems to make NOF think it should be narrower.
    >
    > 7) Collapse the table border and padding per the tutorial.
    >
    >
    > Attached are screen shots of this technique with your design.
    >
    > Let me know if it works for you.
    >
    > Charles


    I just tried this; several times.

    Same result.

    I then set the resolution for my screen to the lowest it will go; same issue
    continues.

    From my perspective this is a bug in NOF.

    If it is supposed to work why doesn't it unless it is yet another bug in
    version 10?

    Surely I cannot be the only one having this problem.

    Jim

    --
    "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...Oh, wait, he does!"

  4. #14
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    On 7 Jul 2008 04:52:47 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:

    > I just tried this; several times.
    >
    > Same result.
    >
    > I then set the resolution for my screen to the lowest it will go; same issue
    > continues.
    >
    > From my perspective this is a bug in NOF.
    >
    > If it is supposed to work why doesn't it unless it is yet another bug in
    > version 10?
    >
    > Surely I cannot be the only one having this problem.


    We have tested it here on multiple computers and on the different versions
    of NOF with no problems at all.

    What sort of computer hardware, OS and screen resolution are you running
    Jim?

    Maybe it is something specific to your setup.


    Charles


    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cje_ByteMeSpammers_@lansrad.com (remove the _ByteMeSpammers_ to email me)
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious imaging tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #15
    Jim Seavey
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    Charles Edmonds wrote:

    > On 7 Jul 2008 04:52:47 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:
    >
    > > I just tried this; several times.
    > >
    > > Same result.
    > >
    > > I then set the resolution for my screen to the lowest it will go; same issue
    > > continues.
    > >
    > > From my perspective this is a bug in NOF.
    > >
    > > If it is supposed to work why doesn't it unless it is yet another bug in
    > > version 10?
    > >
    > > Surely I cannot be the only one having this problem.

    >
    > We have tested it here on multiple computers and on the different versions
    > of NOF with no problems at all.
    >
    > What sort of computer hardware, OS and screen resolution are you running
    > Jim?
    >
    > Maybe it is something specific to your setup.
    >
    >
    > Charles


    A Fujitsu P7010 laptop with XP Pro with every patch known to MS including the
    new SP3.

    I have no problems with any other hardware/software of any type on this system.

    All things being equal, this machine is in very good shape. I do get annoyed at
    the memory munching that NOF does though. :-(

    I am hard pressed to believe it is the resolution on my PC but anything is
    possible I suppose. 1280X768 is the resolution. I tried it in 800X600 yesterday
    and it made no difference.

    Jim

    --
    "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...Oh, wait, he does!"

  6. #16
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    On 7 Jul 2008 13:47:28 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:

    > A Fujitsu P7010 laptop with XP Pro with every patch known to MS including the
    > new SP3.
    >
    > I have no problems with any other hardware/software of any type on this system.
    >
    > All things being equal, this machine is in very good shape. I do get annoyed at
    > the memory munching that NOF does though. :-(
    >
    > I am hard pressed to believe it is the resolution on my PC but anything is
    > possible I suppose. 1280X768 is the resolution. I tried it in 800X600 yesterday
    > and it made no difference.


    That is really weird Jim.

    I have no idea why you can't seem to select the right area.

    We have tested this technique now on 7 different machines here and have had
    E-mails from around 20 other customers who have all been able to use this
    technique with no problems at all.

    The only other thing that comes to mind might be something to do with what
    version/patch for NOF 10 your running (although IIRC you said you had the
    same issues on NOF 7.5 too).

    Other than that perhaps something to do with the version of Java runtime on
    your machine...


    Just to confirm - you did try the variation I posted where you open the
    table width up?

    That should have made the center cell where you could select it and hit it
    with any mouse.

    Also (last confirmation), you are clicking one time on the center cell -
    getting the heavy border on it to be sure that it is selected, then
    clicking the layout region tool, next clicking into the center cell -
    holding the mouse and dragging out the layout region all in one pass?

    BTW - I am not trying to make it out that you don't know what your doing,
    but if either the center cell was not selected first, or the click/drag
    operation to plant the layout region in one pass was not done correctly
    then NOF would most likely get confused as to where it was anchoring the
    region.

    Assuming that your getting that part right, then there is definitely
    something odd about your install or setup. Maybe some other utility that
    is getting in the way and hijacking what your trying to do in NOF.


    Just for grins, try creating a BIG table (say 500x500 with a 3x3 row/column
    matrix) and seeing if you can plant a layout region in the center of that
    (don't worry about adding EZRound images - just try it without it).

    Does that work?

    ;-)

    Charles


    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cje_ByteMeSpammers_@lansrad.com (remove the _ByteMeSpammers_ to email me)
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious imaging tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. #17
    Jim Seavey
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    Charles Edmonds wrote:

    > On 7 Jul 2008 13:47:28 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:
    >
    > > A Fujitsu P7010 laptop with XP Pro with every patch known to MS including
    > > the new SP3.
    > >
    > > I have no problems with any other hardware/software of any type on this
    > > system.
    > >
    > > All things being equal, this machine is in very good shape. I do get
    > > annoyed at the memory munching that NOF does though. :-(
    > >
    > > I am hard pressed to believe it is the resolution on my PC but anything is
    > > possible I suppose. 1280X768 is the resolution. I tried it in 800X600
    > > yesterday and it made no difference.

    >
    > That is really weird Jim.
    >
    > I have no idea why you can't seem to select the right area.
    >
    > We have tested this technique now on 7 different machines here and have had
    > E-mails from around 20 other customers who have all been able to use this
    > technique with no problems at all.


    I'm good at being the first to find things that no one else has ever
    experienced. :-) All inadvertently, of course.

    >
    > The only other thing that comes to mind might be something to do with what
    > version/patch for NOF 10 your running (although IIRC you said you had the
    > same issues on NOF 7.5 too).


    Correct; V10 has patch 3, FWIW.

    >
    > Other than that perhaps something to do with the version of Java runtime on
    > your machine...


    I do have the latest and greatest Java version on my system. Just installed it
    last week along with Firefox 3.

    >
    >
    > Just to confirm - you did try the variation I posted where you open the
    > table width up?


    Correct.

    >
    > That should have made the center cell where you could select it and hit it
    > with any mouse.


    Getting the cell to highlight and getting the Layout Region into the cell is no
    problem. The Layout Region always pushes the image out of the way to go into
    the table itself rather than on top of the image

    >
    > Also (last confirmation), you are clicking one time on the center cell -
    > getting the heavy border on it to be sure that it is selected, then
    > clicking the layout region tool, next clicking into the center cell -
    > holding the mouse and dragging out the layout region all in one pass?


    Absolutely correct.

    >
    > BTW - I am not trying to make it out that you don't know what your doing,
    > but if either the center cell was not selected first, or the click/drag
    > operation to plant the layout region in one pass was not done correctly
    > then NOF would most likely get confused as to where it was anchoring the
    > region.


    At my age vanity is a non issue. And yes, that would be an issue.

    >
    > Assuming that your getting that part right, then there is definitely
    > something odd about your install or setup. Maybe some other utility that
    > is getting in the way and hijacking what your trying to do in NOF.
    >
    >
    > Just for grins, try creating a BIG table (say 500x500 with a 3x3 row/column
    > matrix) and seeing if you can plant a layout region in the center of that
    > (don't worry about adding EZRound images - just try it without it).


    BTDT (Been there, done that). Same result.

    I cannot get a Layout Region to insert itself on top of an image. It always
    pushes the image out of the way. The Layout Region will be there but it is NOT
    on top of (or in) the image. It is now a separate item in the table with the
    image pushed to the side. The image location after the Layout Region goes in
    varies depending on where I drag the dotted lines for the Layout Region; left,
    right, etc.


    >
    > Does that work?


    IN a word, no.

    Jim

    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Charles




    --
    "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...Oh, wait, he does!"

  8. #18
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    On 7 Jul 2008 16:33:29 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:

    > I'm good at being the first to find things that no one else has ever
    > experienced. :-) All inadvertently, of course.


    ;-)

    >> That should have made the center cell where you could select it and hit it
    >> with any mouse.

    >
    > Getting the cell to highlight and getting the Layout Region into the cell is no
    > problem. The Layout Region always pushes the image out of the way to go into
    > the table itself rather than on top of the image


    Ah - you just hit the nail on the head (more below)

    >> Just for grins, try creating a BIG table (say 500x500 with a 3x3 row/column
    >> matrix) and seeing if you can plant a layout region in the center of that
    >> (don't worry about adding EZRound images - just try it without it).

    >
    > BTDT (Been there, done that). Same result.
    >
    > I cannot get a Layout Region to insert itself on top of an image. It always
    > pushes the image out of the way. The Layout Region will be there but it is NOT
    > on top of (or in) the image. It is now a separate item in the table with the
    > image pushed to the side. The image location after the Layout Region goes in
    > varies depending on where I drag the dotted lines for the Layout Region; left,
    > right, etc.


    OK - I think that here is your problem.

    You CAN'T put the layout region ON TOP of the image.

    The short version of the tutorial is that you create this 3x3 table.

    Then you set ALL the cells except the four corners with the EZRound created
    images as the BACKGROUND image of the cell.

    Then the four corner cells get their slice dropped in them with the PICTURE
    control.

    Last but not least, you drop a layout region into the CENTER cell.


    Since you have twice above made reference to dropping a region on an image
    and it failing, I can only guess that you added the center image with the
    PICTURE control, or that your trying to put your layout region in another
    cell - and you can't do that.

    Does that help?

    Charles


    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cje_ByteMeSpammers_@lansrad.com (remove the _ByteMeSpammers_ to email me)
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious imaging tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #19
    Jim Seavey
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    Charles Edmonds wrote:

    > On 7 Jul 2008 16:33:29 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:
    >
    > > I'm good at being the first to find things that no one else has ever
    > > experienced. :-) All inadvertently, of course.

    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > >> That should have made the center cell where you could select it and hit it
    > >> with any mouse.

    > >
    > > Getting the cell to highlight and getting the Layout Region into the cell
    > > is no problem. The Layout Region always pushes the image out of the way to
    > > go into the table itself rather than on top of the image

    >
    > Ah - you just hit the nail on the head (more below)
    >
    > >> Just for grins, try creating a BIG table (say 500x500 with a 3x3 row/column
    > >> matrix) and seeing if you can plant a layout region in the center of that
    > >> (don't worry about adding EZRound images - just try it without it).

    > >
    > > BTDT (Been there, done that). Same result.
    > >
    > > I cannot get a Layout Region to insert itself on top of an image. It always
    > > pushes the image out of the way. The Layout Region will be there but it is
    > > NOT on top of (or in) the image. It is now a separate item in the table
    > > with the image pushed to the side. The image location after the Layout
    > > Region goes in varies depending on where I drag the dotted lines for the
    > > Layout Region; left, right, etc.

    >
    > OK - I think that here is your problem.
    >
    > You CAN'T put the layout region ON TOP of the image.
    >
    > The short version of the tutorial is that you create this 3x3 table.
    >
    > Then you set ALL the cells except the four corners with the EZRound created
    > images as the BACKGROUND image of the cell.
    >
    > Then the four corner cells get their slice dropped in them with the PICTURE
    > control.
    >
    > Last but not least, you drop a layout region into the CENTER cell.
    >
    >
    > Since you have twice above made reference to dropping a region on an image
    > and it failing, I can only guess that you added the center image with the
    > PICTURE control, or that your trying to put your layout region in another
    > cell - and you can't do that.
    >
    > Does that help?
    >
    > Charles


    Not really. That's not what I have done.

    In all instances the images from EZ-Round were copied from the file where they
    were placed when generated by EZ-Round onto the Layout of the page where they
    are to be used in NOF.

    I then created a 3X3 table. I then dragged and dropped the items into the table
    in the order that they came off the stack from the copy.

    Are you telling me that the problem is because the center item comes up on the
    stack second from the last that it should be moved to another part of the page,
    and after the remaining image is moved into the cell on the table that the
    center image then goes into the center cell of the table as the last image to
    be put into a table cell?

    In other words, the only way a Layout Region can be used is by placing it in
    the last image put into a table.

    I can understand how putting the Layout Region in any cell other than the
    center cell will create problems when the table is resized.

    But, I cannot understand why NOF would not allow a Layout Region to be placed
    ONLY on a center image in a table and/or only in the last image to be put into
    the table. Perhaps I am misunderstanding this.

    I did not use the picture tool to bring the image into the table.

    Jim

    --
    "If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...Oh, wait, he does!"

  10. #20
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: New EZRound Universal Import Tutorial for NOF users

    On 7 Jul 2008 23:21:52 GMT, Jim Seavey wrote:

    > Not really. That's not what I have done.
    >
    > In all instances the images from EZ-Round were copied from the file where they
    > were placed when generated by EZ-Round onto the Layout of the page where they
    > are to be used in NOF.
    >
    > I then created a 3X3 table. I then dragged and dropped the items into the table
    > in the order that they came off the stack from the copy.
    >
    > Are you telling me that the problem is because the center item comes up on the
    > stack second from the last that it should be moved to another part of the page,
    > and after the remaining image is moved into the cell on the table that the
    > center image then goes into the center cell of the table as the last image to
    > be put into a table cell?
    >
    > In other words, the only way a Layout Region can be used is by placing it in
    > the last image put into a table.
    >
    > I can understand how putting the Layout Region in any cell other than the
    > center cell will create problems when the table is resized.
    >
    > But, I cannot understand why NOF would not allow a Layout Region to be placed
    > ONLY on a center image in a table and/or only in the last image to be put into
    > the table. Perhaps I am misunderstanding this.
    >
    > I did not use the picture tool to bring the image into the table.


    Sorry Jim, but the way your doing it is WRONG and it is never going to work
    for you that way.

    You have to follow the steps of the tutorial EXACTLY if you want this to
    work!

    Here it is one more time:

    ALL the images EXCEPT the four corners MUST be added to the table cells as
    BACKGROUND images. The ONLY way you can do that is to do it EXACTLY as the
    tutorial shows.

    The four corner slices MUST be added with the picture tool.

    ALL of them get added from the ASSETS list AFTER you drag/drop the entire
    lot on a EZRound page (as specified in the tutorial).

    This really is a simple technique that works every time when you follow the
    directions in the tutorial.

    There is simply no room for deviation in how the images are placed or in
    the sequence of steps if you want it to work.

    I can setup a new design in about 3 minutes and you can too, but you have
    to stop fighting the system<g>.

    ;-)

    A little background...

    What makes it all work is the fact that the five images ARE background
    images (which allows regions and content to be added on them).

    The four corner images (set as PHOTOS with the picture tool) keep the
    design from collapsing in on itself.

    The layout tool (which is possible in the center cell because the center
    cell does NOT have any other content in it - remember that slice is set as
    a background image too) then becomes a "canvas" that you can put anything
    else on that you like.

    But again I repeat - there is ZERO room for deviation from how we specified
    this to work.


    I'm sorry that I didn't catch on sooner that you were not following the
    steps of the tutorial exactly. If I'd been told earlier that you were
    doing things your own way, then I could have saved you a lot of
    frustration.

    Take care,

    Charles



    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cje_ByteMeSpammers_@lansrad.com (remove the _ByteMeSpammers_ to email me)
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious imaging tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •