Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome not displaying my page in Print Preview correctly

Default Chrome not displaying my page in Print Preview correctly

Hi

Here's the problem which I'm desperate to solve .

I've been doing some experimenting with my site made with Netobjects 2013 at http://lockyerfuchsias.co.uk and it's now messed up.

When I do a print preview in Chrome it only shows and prints part of the page. If I am looking at the top of the webpage when I click print, the preview just shows the top which is cut off half way down the page, if Chrome display is down the bottom of the webpage it just previews the bottom of the webpage at the top half of the preview and I can't scroll the page.

In Firefox the preview shows and prints correctly. Another website I've design and all other websites show and prints correctly.

So I've come to the conclusion that there is a setting or some box I've ticked in my site's code that's causing the problem but frankly I'm at a complete lose to what it is.

Hope you can help

Terry

You're using frames. Turn off Autoframes and republish and the problem will go away.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Cheers Chuck I did set a footer for an experiment but abandoned that and I can't see any auto frames set on the site now, I republished many time since. Terry

Go to Design View and select your Master Border (F10) to open its properties and go to the AutoFrames tab. Make sure all four frames are unselected. Republish.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuck Here's another corundum on my friends computer it is displaying correctly. so I'll try reinstalling Chrome. Terry

Terry,

One more time... you're using frames!

Just because one browser handles them a bit differently than another doesn't matter.

In ANY browser, right click on your page background. You'll see references to frames there. View the page source and you'll see that you have a frameset.

You need to turn off AutoFrames and republish your site.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

Chuck I've gone to Master Border Properties and there are no Frames set. I'm not a HTML programmer. but looking at the Source I can't see any reference to frames. Maybe there is some residue of code left??? Who knows! Terry
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MasterBorderProperties.PNG 
Views:	351 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	2178
    Last edited by TerenceD1; 04-26-2015 at 05:33 PM.

I don't know what you're looking at, but at this URL: http://lockyerfuchsias.co.uk if you right click on the purple background and view the source, it shows a frameset.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

I don't know what source you're looking at Terence, but here's the code from your site:

<frameset rows="100%">
    <frame src="http://www.terenced1.webspace.virginmedia.com/home.htm" title="Lockyer Fuchsias - Gold medals winner!" frameborder="0" noresize="noresize"/>
    <noframes>
    <body>
    <h1>Lockyer Fuchsias - Gold medals winner!</h1>
    <p><a href="http://www.terenced1.webspace.virginmedia.com/home.htm">http://lockyerfuchsias.co.uk/</a></p>
    </body>
    </noframes>
    </frameset>

Which is a frameset declaration. You're using frames. Turn them off as Chuck has said.

If you've done that then you're not publishing to the document root of your server space ie. you're publishing to the wrong place or your server file permissions are not allowing overwriting of your files.

Hi Franko When you viewed my site did you go to "Print" and in the print preview did it show half a page? Because Yesterday at my friend's house I clicked on the site in Google Chrome to demonstrate the problem and it was OK on his I'm wondering whether there's a problem on my computer. I've just had a thought. That source code that is showing is the code from 1&1 which is doing the redirecting. I've just gone in and change "Frame Redirect" to "HTTP redirect" is that the right thing to do? Made no difference to the code that I can see or with the print preview. Cheers Terry
    Last edited by TerenceD1; 04-27-2015 at 05:54 PM.