Thread: Using NOF 12 to create new website, how make it smartphone compatible as well

Question Using NOF 12 to create new website, how make it smartphone compatible as well

Have read previous threads on this but they all date from 2010.
    Would appreciate more current advice on how to create a new website which hopefully will automatically be smartphone comptabile, or do we have to create two separate designs?

At the moment, yes, you do have to create two separate designs and run a selection script querying the device's viewport size. Not such a major task in NoF, especially if it's not a big site. Responsive design has been discussed here extensively in the last year; a search of the forums will reveal all kinds of interesting threads.

Hi Franko:
    Do you have an example of the selection script? - or where I may research this?
    Thank you.
    Vickie

This site has selection scripts for many different technologies.

I was hoping to get a pointer either in the NOF 12 doc, or on this forum some place for instructions on adding a script from 'Detect Mobile Browsers' into my site. I've tried finding these myself, but have come up empty. Thank You.

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    This site has selection scripts for many different technologies.
    Thank you Franko.