Thread: Publishing Site Bug

Default Publishing Site Bug

Sometimes when I FTP Publish my site NOF15 hangs. Right now it is stuck at 88%. I select cancel, and it never really cancels. It says, "Aborting file transfer..." but it never closes. Because of this, I must force NetObjects Fusion to close using Task Manager. I'm running Windows 8. When I re-open the program, it has to recover my site. This is frustrating. I wish the abort/cancel function worked. I am using passive mode, as that is the only setting that works.

Any ideas?

So far that seems to be working.

Thanks Thomas!!

Woops, I spoke too soon.
    It worked about 20 times in a row without a problem. But it just got stuck at 5% and canceling it did not help.
    The program was frozen and after waiting about 5 minutes I had to kill it with Task Manager.

So in my case, even unchecking "Connect passive mode" doesn't solve it.

If it worked 20 times in a row, it worked.

You have some other problem.

Have you been pasting content in from Word by any chance?

Have you re-optimized your site lately?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your help also!

I just re-optimized the site. The nod file went from 1944KB to 1800KB. It's a pretty small site right now.
    The only way that I have pasted is using "paste unformatted text", and I've only pasted two items so far. When I had problems yesterday, I had not pasted anything into the site.

Since the rest of the program acts like it is working when the FTP gets frozen (I can modify pages, save, etc.), I think the issue is that the FTP program is waiting for a response from the other server or something. It seems odd that it won't just close the FTP dialog eventually after selecting "Cancel". Because I have to kill NOF in Task Manager in order to kill the frozen FTP dialog box; when I re-open the site it has to be repaired since it wasn't closed properly.

I am using a wifi connection on this computer. Maybe there are some occasional dropped packets... who knows. But that shouldn't cause it to freeze during FTP.