Thread: Video Playback on Website not working

Default Video Playback on Website not working

I have inserted a short .mp4 video (288kb - 8 seconds long) using the video button in NO2015 and it works on the 'Design' page (set to Auto Start and Loop) but it is not appearing on the 'Preview' page, and will not playback when uploaded to my website. I've been through the procedure several times but cannot find that I have made any errors, although clearly I have. Any ideas?

Have you uploaded the video to the server? Have you checked you have the correct path to the video? Have you checked your file permissions to make sure the video has the correct permission to execute.

What happens if you do a Local Publish? Does the video play ok. If so, upload the Local Publish by ftp, again making sure the paths on the server are the same as in the local publish. Does that solve the problem?

Oh, and a URL would help...

Hi and thanks franko for your reply. One correction on my first message - it DOES play on 'Preview'. Also plays ok on Local Publish. It seems that NO2015 is not uploading it to the server. I will try to upload the Local to the server via ftp (I'm not an expert!).
    URL: www.stmarysdalmahoy.org.uk is Home Page - click on the belfry picture to go to non-existent video

If a local publish works, so should a remote publish.

The source URL for your video on the liver web server is: http://www.stmarysdalmahoy.org.uk/VE.../vedaybell.mp4

Go to that URL and you get a default landing page... not the video.

Either you're correct and the video isn't uploading remotely or your web host is forwarding .mp4 extensions to an html page.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks chuckj. Local Publish uploaded to server - still didn't work. Have checked the server and the video is definitely there. I will check with web host to see if they can explain.

Well, it's the web hosting company. They don't support .mp4!! I have had to upload a .mov file, which doesn't work on all browsers. Thanks for the replies guys. I've been working on this for two days, and between you it has been sorted in an hour or so. Great. Now to sort out my useless hosting company.