Thread: Editing Text on the Navigation Bar

Default Editing Text on the Navigation Bar

I'm employing a standard style "Glasgow -Teal and Silver". It generates its own navigation bar based on your site structure and properties using the names for the pages of htm.

The names of the htm pages are not necessarily reader friendly and I would like to edit the text on the individual buttons. How can I do this?

This gotFusion tutorial will sort you out

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=242
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

[QUOTE=gotFusion;81550]This gotFusion tutorial will sort you out

Thank you, but this is not quite generating the effect I had hoped for.

Yes the main banner of the Web page is altered as required, but the legend on the relevant button on the navigation bar remains obstinately unaltered.

I cannot see a way of editing this legend.

Site view > Page Properties > Custom Names

Been there > Done that > Got the T-shirt > Doesn't work

However, it may be that my version of NetObjects is too early (10.00). (I bought it about 5 years ago but never got round to up-grading my web site. Only just starting now)

I'll see if I can test out a later version.

Quote Originally Posted by swaatacba View Post

I'll see if I can test out a later version.
    Turns out there is no need for a later version.

In the Page View, if you click on the Navigation Menu and then click again on the individual button within the Navigation Bar you arrive at a property menu for the individual button. This includes access to the "Button Title". This is what I wanted.

Turns out there is no need for a later version.

In the Page View, if you click on the Navigation Menu and then click again on the individual button within the Navigation Bar you arrive at a property menu for the individual button. This includes access to the "Button Title". This is what I wanted.
    Yep, just as outlined in the tutorial I posted several days ago

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/t...mID=242#custom

you just need to use your mouse to scroll down to where it is explained.

This has been available since the release of Fusion version 1 back in 1996
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

you just need to use your mouse to scroll down to where it is explained.
    One of the curiosities of a new software package is that you have to learn its idiosyncratic elements. I have had to learn many over three decades.

To the experts in the package they look obvious and natural. The elements of the program are explained in supposedly clear English, but not necessarily to the rest of us. We don't learn a program all at one go, but rather a bit at a time.

One of the curiosities of a new software package is that you have to learn its idiosyncratic elements. I have had to learn many over three decades.

To the experts in the package they look obvious and natural. The elements of the program are explained in supposedly clear English, but not necessarily to the rest of us. We don't learn a program all at one go, but rather a bit at a time.
    Like with any piece of software you will find that there are AT LEAST 3 different ways of doing the same thing.

What I try to do with any software that is new to me is to learn and use one method exclusively. Then as I become more comfortable with the software, I start using the other methods until I am at the point of using which ever method is the quickest (keyboard, menu, or mouse) depending on where my hands are (on the keyboard I use the keyboard short cut, on the mouse I will use the right click context sensitive and if I can't remember either there is always the menu option ).

I find this to be the best way to learn everything about every piece of software that I use regularly.