Thread: Screen size of website

Default Screen size of website

Until now I had a standard non wide screen monitor so my website did an nice job of filling the screen but now with my new monitor I see how the page sits to the left. There was a thought of centering the page but I wasn't sure how I liked the look of that..
    I brought this up about a year ago... and it was said that will all the hand held devices my size was actually good.
    What do you think ?
    http://www.jlfurniture.com/index.html
    Thanks

I'm thinking about centering after all... Is there a way to set the entire site to center... So far the only way I see is page by page..

Tools -> Options -> Current Site, General tab. Checkbox Centre New Pages in Browser. Best to check this before starting the site, not sure if it will work on existing pages.

Thanks for responding... There is no option for center in browser where you suggest..

Sorry, you're right. I was on autopilot, thinking about 2015. This option wasn't available in v12. Afraid you have to do it page by page.

thanks for trying.. page by page.. OUCH !!!

As I start looking over my site and thinking about centering every page.. with the time it take NOF to go from page to page this should take me a long time.

You must have a very big site then. Until 2015 came out I used to routinely check each page for centering before publishing, just in case I'd missed one or more (and I generally had). Clicking through each page, even on a largish site, didn't take that long and once done, it doesn't need to be repeated. Of course, you might want to think about upgrading to 2015 which will allow you to centre all pages with one click and is also much faster to load and use than earlier versions (at least up until 2013 which is also very fast in comparison with earlier versions).