Thread: Updating from Essntials (based on Netobjects 7)

Angry Updating from Essntials (based on Netobjects 7)

I recently upgraded from an older version (not that old !) of Essentials based on Netobjects 7(7.50.0000.5025) to the current version of Essentials which I believe is based on 13 (13.00.0000.5598) and I tried exporting a website - and YES I DID use the proper method of exporting via a template, word for word as per the FAQ, but the site would not import into Essentials 13, I get a message saying ... built with a version incompatible ...". How do I work around this ? I am very happy to buy a paid version (time you guys got some money out of me) but only if I am confident it is going to work.

I did raise a ticket on this but no reply.

All contributions gratefully received.

If you want to send me a template I'm happy to load it in 2013 and/or 2015 for you and see if I have any issues before you spring for the cash.

Hello franko,
    i have the same problem! could i send my project to you? I don't think i have any templates. I have the .nod file

If you have the nod file you can export a template. Open the site and while in Site View File -> Export template

I now have a new computer and copied across all the source and data files for my choir website. I downloaded the latest NetObjects and got this incompatible file error. The migration instructions say to open the web site on the original computer and export it as a template, then copy that across.
    Problem is ....... my old computer was a work machine that has now been 'recycled' and sold off. So, I have all the files and data, the web site is still live and ageing, but i can't access any of the source information to edit it? HELP!
    Can I download the old version just so that I can do the export?
    If I can, then can I be certain that the latest paid for software will open it please?