Thread: nof2015 won't open

Default nof2015 won't open

I am so annoyed right now. I unwillingly updated to NOF 2015 from NOF 9 because NOF 9 stopped allowing me to change banner etc images in the Styles. I installed NOF 2015 on a Windows 7 machine with Bitdefender Total Security on it and it seemingly installed but it won't open. Looking at Task Manager it shows the program running and hogging up a lot of resources. I searched and found various solutions and tried them all, shutting down my antivirus while installing NOF2015, making NOF2015 an exception in both Bitdefender and MS' antivirus, setting it to run as Administrator. I finally tried installing the update and that just stuck at Installing Components. In total I uninstalled and re-installed about 8 times, and wasted several hours trying to get this work to no avail. I write Tech Support and am yet to get a response.

I wrote requesting a refund and was told I can't get one since they sent the product key with the download!

This is absolutely the last time I will be using NOF, and I've been using it for about 16 years.

What on Earth makes you think this is a problem with Fusion?

Do you have any anti-malware software installed?

Bitdefender is known for mad interactions and preventing installs.

Even disabled.

Running two anti-virus programs is also a bad idea.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I am also having the same problem having had to re-install everything on another laptop due to previous laptop failure.
    The question I would ask is WHY does NOF 2015 not like Bit Defender when EVERY OTHER program I use has been re-installed succesfully, with BD running.

I run BitDefender and have no problems either installing or running Netobjects Fusion. I do get problems with Photoshop crashing, though. For my money, the culprit for all these issues is the crappy operating system we're running them on.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I run BitDefender and have no problems either installing or running Netobjects Fusion. I do get problems with Photoshop crashing, though. For my money, the culprit for all these issues is the crappy operating system we're running them on.
    Windows 10 is just around the corner.
    And it's free! ...

What you lose with Photpshop, you gain with the new OS, right?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.