Thread: Problems publishing locally

Default Problems publishing locally

I was putting new pages on my website, getting ready to publish to the Web. All of a sudden, the publish locally feature published HTML rather than a sample of my new pages. This happened for unknown reasons.

Does this mean if I try to re-publish my site no one will be able to see it?

How can I fix this problem? Any help greatly appreciated!

My guess is your browser simply failed to find one of the CSS files and you're viewing the output html without formatting.

Have you tried viewing your site directly in a browser? Is it ok?

If not, do a Local Publish and then view the site in your browser. Is that ok? If so, ftp it up to your server. I always publish sites this way rather than using the built-in ftp program in NoF.

If you're still getting the problem, export a full template of the site. Then delete the original site and create a new one from the template. Again Local Publish and see if this cures the problem.

Franko, thanks for your help.

It's funny, all of a sudden some of the pages will not publish locally via browser, but most still will. If I tried to publish one of the faulty pages to the server, will that be the way it appears to users? I have looked at the bad pages on the server; they are still good.

It's frustrating. It seems so many of these unforced errors keep happening. Any other ideas about why this would happen, since I haven't changed anything I do?

Thanks again.

I just discovered a new clue. My site is about 400 pages. When I look at the structural layout, which I use to make changes to pages, the pages are in two colors, yellow and orange. It seem that only the yellow have developed the problem. Hope this can help.
    Last edited by Jimcrack; 06-24-2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: New clue

If any of your pages use php or asp and have a file extension of .php or .asp, they will display locally as html code... Unless you have a web server with the proper scripting language support on your computer.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks Chuckj,

Unfortunately none of the pages have either. The worst part is that the pages not working now, worked fine when I published the monthly magazine last month. Nothing about them has changed that I know of???

UPDATE: NOW I CANNOT OPEN THE CURRENT OR FORMER MONTHS OF MY WEBSITE! What on Earth could have changed? Did the program simply fail? Could I delete and reinstall the program on my computer? Desperation is setting in. Anyone???
    Last edited by Jimcrack; 06-25-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Serious changes to the program.