Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems after re-installing

Default Problems after re-installing

I am pretty fed up with this software....besides the lack of support.

After a complete laptop failure I had to re-install (which I did after several attempts).
    Since then the Page Preview does not work - I have to Preview the whole site to check,a nd what I see there is not always reflected when published (eg text font).

Also, from session to session it does NOT keep the tab options I set at the top. It keeps reverting to the default ones every time I open it.

Give me strength....

You can find the user's manual online at this URL:

http://wiki.netobjects.com/Table_of_Contents

Take some time and read it.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Have read it...been using NOF since 2009....shouldnt need manual to save changed tabs.

All I can say is that adding and saving tabs works for me just fine.

How long has it been since you have done a comprehensive virus scan?

With all of your computer issues I would start looking there first.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Complete scan with Bitdefender and Malware bytes one day ago after restore.

WTF???!!! Have put my problem with Good Salon badge alongside the logo, with a link away to it....simple task done a million times before...in NOF10

http://www.libertybs.co.uk/clients/r.../our-team.html
    Look at the site and tell me what is happening here.....
    Home and About shows the badge but does not show the navigation bar any more...
    Our Team shows the Navigation bar but not the badge.....
    all other tabs show badge and navigation tabs correctly.

BUT...also in all tabs if the badge is clicked, instead of linking away to Good Salon Guide on a new tab....well you check it...for some reason it shows the badge centred and then images from the page!!!!???

Agaian I will confirm this is a new site built in NOF 2015 and not imported.....there are no virus's and no malware.....and my old v10 software still works absolutely fine...

Looks ok in IE 11, Chrome & Safari. See:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gprit.jpg 
Views:	1576 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	2214

The image is linked to the image. Set the link to External add the URL and choose Target: Existing and Name: _blank

Name:	gprit-02.jpg 
Views:	1699 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	2215

Thank you Steve.....mmm...maybe a problem in Firefox (latest version)?....I usually check other browsers before going live. Anyway I have changed the logo layout, introducing Layout Regions and using images instead of text and that now seems ok on all tabs in site preview. (not yet republished).
    Still baffled by the link from the badge....I hear what you say and linking is pretty elementary stuff that have done countless times.
    Here are screenshots of what I have done and what I see in html....so cannot see why it is NOT linking externally as it should.

Name:	Object_Link.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	2216

Name:	Object_html.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	2217

Name:	Object_Div.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	2218

It's caused by the Lightbox CSS class that was included in the template you used as the foundation for your site. Adam will provide further instruction on how to remedy.

Hi gprit,

My name is Adam and I'll be assisting you from here. You've selected the template Sticky - Green as a base for your website. This is one of a handful of specialized templates that we chose to include some extra script goodies in. This one in particular uses a simple light box script. Just for reference, here is a wiki link with the templates that include this same script:

http://wiki.netobjects.com/Using_Lig...emplates_Vol_4

There are two caveats for having the script recognize and automatically apply this light box effect. As outlined in the link above, the image must be set to optimization: none and it must be resized from the original. From the screenshots you've included, it looks like the image was resized to 50% of the original. It must also be set to not be optimized for the script to trigger.

Here are some options for you:

Remove the script, I don't plan on using it.

Easy, open the site to the Page view of any page and click to the Master Border. Click on the Master Border properties palette and the Scripts tab. Highlight imagelightbox.js and nof-imagelightbox.js and remove them by clicking the minus button. Republish and the script will no longer be applied.

Name:	lightbox-a.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	2219

This is a pretty cool effect, but I don't want it on this image.

Easy, select the image in question in the Page view. From the Picture Properties palette > Optimize > Settings > Set to Best jpg.

Name:	lighbox-b.png 
Views:	411 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	2220

If you have any further questions, let me know in a reply or PM me.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Adam; 06-29-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Formatting
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support