Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A weird problem....

Default A weird problem....

As advised, I am creating a new site from scratch to replace a site originally created in MX (but subsequently opened in NOF 13 without being exported correctly).

Anyway, the baffling thing is that when I close the new site and open it again I get a message saying that it has been created in an older program (which of course it was not). I did have the old site also open in NOF13 so I'm guessing this must somehow be the cause.

I deleted the new site and started again, making sure the other website was not open, and I did not get the 'created in an older program' message, but the program crashed! Seriously? there's an unstable file with a brand new site created in NOF13? I only added a little text...

I just feel hopeless. I want a clean start with a clean site and I don't know how to achieve this!

Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by AlineH; 07-05-2015 at 04:12 AM.

which antivirus program do you use? have you excluded the Nof program folder and both Nof folders in My Documents from being scanned?

which OS?

Hi Anton, thanks for your reply.

I am using Windows 8.1, which as you probably know comes with Windows Defender. I don't have any additional antivirus software installed. And no, I have not excluded the NOF folders from being scanned - should I?

Aline
    Last edited by AlineH; 07-05-2015 at 07:06 PM.

You say you only added a little text; how did you add it? Was it clean text or did you cut and paste from a word processor program?

I did not cut and paste it. I just typed it in....

Quote Originally Posted by AlineH View Post
    Hi Anton, thanks for your reply.

I am using Windows 8.1, which as you probably know comes with Windows Defender. I don't have any additional antivirus software installed. And no, I have not excluded the NOF folders from being scanned - should I?

Aline
    the built in Windows defender is often a troublemaker, I don't know if it allows exclusions, if yes, then do it

if no, stop the defender service for testing and see if Nof works correct, however, defender may have already prevented a complete installation?

also, Nof 2013 needs the latest update in order to work with Win 8.1, what is your exact version number

I am using Win7 so I can't be sure, I have no issues with Nof 2013 and Nof 2015 on the same PC (other than the list of known outstanding bugs)
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-06-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    the built in Windows defender is often a troublemaker, I don't know if it allows exclusions, if yes, then do it

if no, stop the defender service for testing and see if Nof works correct, however, defender may have already prevented a complete installation?

also, Nof 2013 needs the latest update in order to work with Win 8.1, what is your exact version number

I am using Win7 so I can't be sure, I have no issues with Nof 2013 and Nof 2015 on the same PC (other than the list of known outstanding bugs)
    Wow, I would never have guessed that. I don't see any further information than version 8.1...?

When you say the 'latest update' of Nof 13 I hope you don't mean Nof 15 ?! Because I only just purchased 13.....

Thanks for the clarification

No... the latest update to Fusion 2013.

Fusion 2015 is a newer version, not an update.

There have been five updates to Fusion 2013.

Run Check for Updates from within the program.

Update 5 (13.00.0000.5580) - 22 May 2014 is the most recent.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks Chuck. I purchased in Oct 2014 so no updates available
    Last edited by AlineH; 07-06-2015 at 04:51 AM.

The latest glitch is that when I add a sub page the preview of the home page shows nothing except the background color and the navigation bar at the bottom! (it does display correctly if I preview it in a browser). The subpage however does show up in preview mode.

I realize that none of these are serious problems but I'm concerned about spending valuable time re-doing the website and having continued problems of a more serious nature....