Thread: Navigation Bar

Default Navigation Bar

Been struggling with this for a time, have many issues figured out and hope I can explain the question properly. Okay, here is the actual site:
    http://www.unofficialtownshendvt.net/

What I want to do is add a "Businesses" page under "About", no big deal, granted. But I want to maintain the default border and add a separate vertical navigation bar for any and all pages I create for business listings. I DO NOT want those pages attached to the Nav Bar. I want them accessible only from the secondary nav bar.

The screen shot (I hope it was uploaded) was done with one of my back ups which I use for testing things out. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what I am after. Sort of a sub site, dedicated to a wide variety of types of businesses in a separate section but not connected directly to the main nav bar.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nofbiz.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	2230  

Yep, been trying that. Can't seem to come up with the "sweet spot". The screen shot was from an excluded page. I got that far anyway. One could say I am sort of there. The problem is, when you exclude a page, the primary bar is replaced with a new bar starting with the excluded page and you can't make any changes so to speak or you change the main (principal) nav bar.

I think I can combine some things and at least come up with a screen shot (composite) of what I am looking for tomorrow. Almost time for dinner here. Thanks for the response.

Or you could try a streamline 3rd party menu program like AllWebMenus, CSS3 Menus, etc.

I think I have got it. I can set up a page, instead of using the default master border I can set at zero margins, and "fake" the master border and decide what I want to show on it and set it up as a "custom" nav bar.
    That way, so far, it would seem I can insert my secondary nav bar. Will just likely have to set up a text link to take the viewer to the "sub section". Will see but this is promising. Now have to get back to my day job but woke up with this idea this AM and had to give it a quick try while I took a break.

Time will tell when I really dive back in later today.

Thanks again