Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop up image throws out page

Banned

Default Pop up image throws out page

This has previously been posted but has sort of got lost in the sands of time in the middle of other issues, so am starting a new thread.

Adam/Steve were posted this two weeks ago but I have heard nothing.
    If I add a pop up image (even before setting actions) the page does not centre and the spacing at the top is too large.
    If I remove the image the page is fine.

If I make the Layout HTML5 or HTML4 .01 then the exclamation marks disappear BUT the page does not centre (despite being checked to do that) and the space above logo is still too big.
    The other (correct pages can be viewed at [URL="http://www.libertybs.co.uk/clients/richardanthony"]. It is NOT the carousel, as the problem persists if I remove this.

Once I can get it centred and spaced correctly I can start inputting actions (although they are new to me). Basically I want to display after say 6 seconds or when exiting the page (whichever is sooner).

In the hope that someone can assist I have uploaded a zip file to my server containing the page in question, as it is too large for here.....
    http://www.libertybs.co.uk/RichardAnthony.zip

Any thoughts very welcome as it is preventing me publishing the website live.

Banned

Sorry Thomas - forget the word pop up as built in to NOF. It is simply an image that needs to display as described.
    I have tried HTML5 and HTML4.01 as it seems these are the equivalent of the 'old' Fixed page' setting.

My instinct is that it is something to do with the template used.
    Last edited by gprit; 07-19-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Banned

Yes...that would seem the thing to do...but it doesn't work....!
    I have updated the zip file to show HTML5 and image initially not visible...the resulting page is all over the place.
    If you can get this to work I'd be happy to get a zip file back and see what you did!

thanks

Or start from scratch without template...
    Not such a bad suggestion. Use the template graphics to create the page with a blank masterborder. Probably a lot quicker for you than trying to troubleshoot NoF's 'fancy functions,' to quote Thomas

Banned

Thanks - so as I suspected it is something to do with the template - again. Since using NOF in 2009 this is the first time I have used a template(!)
    Thing is the whole rest of the site has been created using the template (and has client approval) so can't really use another one.
    At the moment I have made the landing page the Promotions one. Guess I will have to go down Franko's route....

This is where the silence from NOF support becomes really deafening.

1. did you edit the CSS in style view? it looks like it

2. your page character set is wrong, it needs to be UTF8 (right click layout, page character set, choose site setting, currently you have it set to western european)

3. in user settings, current site, you have set HTML5 dynamic, but the page is manually set to HTML5

4. delete the carousel, test site, there is something wrong with the carousel or its CSS code, you can always recreate it again

5. I don't see what image has an action attached, can you be specific

Banned

Thanks Anton
    1) I have made no changes to CSS at all.
    2) Corrected
    3) Corrected
    4) Tried before and tried again after 2) and 3) - no difference
    5) The image in question is the 50% Promotion discount - currently there are no actions against it - wanted to resolve current problems first.

I have uploaded new zip file after 2) and 3).

If anyone can take this and get it to work I would gladly make a contribution somewhere!

make sure layout htlml output is set to site setting

move the bar as seen in attached down 4px to avoid overlap icon

delete slider and the popup image, you can insert slider again later, I suggest using images of all the same size

the page will now center

in order to center a page with actions (I don't use them) you need to keep the site HTML5 dynamic and create a layout regions that holds your actions with its HTML output set to HTML5

personally, I would forget actions, they don't work consistent amongst various browsers, no to mention mobile devices
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0673.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	2234  

Banned

Hear all the above - but can't get it to work.
    As I said, it all centre's fine and all is well if I don't include 50% Promotion image - see http://www.libertybs.co.uk/clients/richardanthony

An image with Actions seemed the easiest way to achieve what I want - I am not a coder playing with javascript etc.

Again, my instinct is that it is the template - probably associated with the menu...think I have to give up on this one

I looked at commercial offerings but none fitted the bill as a one-off payment - they were all monthly contracts which I didn't want.
    Will have another look at what is out there to achieve what is needed.

thanks anyway.

to me, it looks like the css code in style view has been altered, sometimes it is easier to start fresh then try and troubleshoot issues that are part of a template

also, because you only supplied a single page template, it is not easy to troubleshoot the site, because I don't even see the navigation due to the missing pages
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-21-2015 at 04:55 AM.