Thread: Get a pointer on instructions to add custom scripts like PHP to NOF 12 site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Get a pointer on instructions to add custom scripts like PHP to NOF 12 site

I am not finding the instructions or help from either the NOF doc or the community on how one adds a custom script like a PHP script to detect a mobile browser to my site so that it would redirect to another domain which holds the mobile version. I'm sure it's likely very simple, but I'm in need of a pointer or link or some direct assistance please. Thank You in advance.

There are many available on the internet. Look here.

Thanks for the response. I was not clear in my POST. I know where the script for Detecting Mobile Browsers is on the Internet. I am looking for instructions on how to take that script and add it to my site in NOF 12. Thank You.

I was hoping for instructions for NOF on how / where to add the simple code from the detection site above into my web pages so the visiting browser will be detected and properly directed. I just don't know how to add this code to NOF.

Thank You for the video pointer. I don't have NetObjects Mosaic at this point, but am using a Mobile Template from NOF 12. I just need to know where to paste in the browser redirect code and this tells me precisely. Thanks again.

I have a different question: how to add a custom script (like, say, a PHP script) to detect a mobile browser to my site so that it would redirect to a page with a warning on it:

"This web site is not for mobile usage. Go to your PC instead!"

This is serious.
    I really do not like guys with smartphones / tablets but with no PC and truly have no need for such low-end visitors at my web sites.
    Last edited by Since_v4; 08-22-2015 at 04:36 PM. Reason: corrected: have no need for such low-end visitors at my web sites
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.