Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIV Centering

Default almost there

OK can you look at my site http://www.elliotwolff.com/test/html/contact.php

I've almost got the top centered. There appears to be 10-20 pixels at the top that aren't in my NOF file. The navbar in the middle is not quite centered. Also there are 4 paragraphs that are being covered up that are not covered in my NOF file. See image below. What am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	2246

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    good, an you also have the correct doctype and charset now

I don't see the start point of the actual layout in your screenshot, did you place the text in the top masterborder by mistake?

can I see a screenshot of the layout property palette and masterborder property palette? or are you using a zero margin masterborder and the very top layout region hides the layout label?

also, do any of the layout regions have any padding set? what is the html output of each layout region, they should be on use site setting

your text appears to start at the very top of the page and is hidden behind the top banner
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-02-2015 at 04:42 AM.

That's not accurate at all.

I followed the instructions at http://wiki.netobjects.com/Using_CSS...5_width_footer

There is a large banner on top of my home page and a smaller one at top of each additional page plus the footer on the bottom of each page.

I private messaged you a link to my NOF2013 template if you want to take a look at what I did. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I had no idea something like this would be so complicated.

Dustin

I don't see the start point of the actual layout in your screenshot, did you place the text in the top masterborder by mistake?

can I see a screenshot of the layout property palette and masterborder property palette? or are you using a zero margin masterborder and the very top layout region hides the layout label?

also, do any of the layout regions have any padding set? what is the html output of each layout region, they should be on use site setting

your text appears to start at the very top of the page and is hidden behind the top banner

I am viewing your site template and I notice two major differences between the home page and the faulty contact page

the home page top layout region has an opening footer code and closing div tag, the contact us page does not, what should it be???

the home page has footer code in the layout html, the contact page does not, what should it be???

btw, images in Nof don't dynamically resize, wait for the next Nof version to get this feature

what I usually do is I design the bg image so it is at least 1920 wide which is typically suitable for 1920x1080 and smaller screens without seeing the image repeating
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0686.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	2248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0685.png 
Views:	247 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	2249  

I was trying to duplicate the tutorial steps for the footer on the header on the Contact page.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish on home:

and on subsequent pages

I just bought NOF2015 does it make accomplishing this easier?

is 1700x729

The footer is fine as a master border. The header portion I'm not sure what to do and why its not working. Are you able to tweak the file I sent you or can I do this easier on NOF2015? Or is that a feature in the next version after 2015?

Dustin

I am viewing your site template and I notice two major differences between the home page and the faulty contact page

the home page top layout region has an opening footer code and closing div tag, the contact us page does not, what should it be???

the home page has footer code in the layout html, the contact page does not, what should it be???

btw, images in Nof don't dynamically resize, wait for the next Nof version to get this feature

what I usually do is I design the bg image so it is at least 1920 wide which is typically suitable for 1920x1080 and smaller screens without seeing the image repeating
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpg2.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	2250  
    Dustin D.
    http://www.DustinDrorbaugh.com - Built w NetObjects Fusion 13
    http://www.Paula-Abdul.net - Built w NetObjects Fusion 13

I personally would wait until Nof have the new version which handles automatic sizing to fit screen

I have not implemented the header and footer tutorials on any of my sites because you will still get a google ranking hit because it won't be mobile friendly

here is a typical site I did with no header and footer tricks, but by using a custom bg image, it is very simple and centers everything perfectly

I am using HTML5 which gives perfect positioning wheras HTML5 dynamc does not
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-04-2015 at 11:01 AM.

I have achieved what you want by using a background image to appropriate size and colour and then repeating it horizontally. I change the height of the page according to the content and create additional backgrounds at appropriate lengths and set them as the layout background image.This takes care of the horizontal stretching. The actual content of the page is then placed in a layout region at the right place over the background.

I hope this makes sense; it's easier to do than to explain but you should get the idea ok.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I have achieved what you want by using a background image to appropriate size and colour and then repeating it horizontally. I change the height of the page according to the content and create additional backgrounds at appropriate lengths and set them as the layout background image.This takes care of the horizontal stretching. The actual content of the page is then placed in a layout region at the right place over the background.

I hope this makes sense; it's easier to do than to explain but you should get the idea ok.
    that is exactly what I do

That's what I've been doing too but was hoping I could just do it the right way in NOF but it seems like its not possible right now.

Is this feature supposed to be available in NOF 2015 or 2016? Do we know?

that is exactly what I do

your guess is as good as mine, I hope sooner rather than later because all my sites are getting punished by google for not being mobile friendly

on the other hand, I can't see a company exec searching the net on a phone for a video producer such as myself, if such a company can't afford a desktop pc, I am sure they can't afford me, so no great loss