Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10

Upgraded last Friday and so far no issues to report apart from failing to find a number of settings that appear to be hidden. Digging around helps me find where things are, though.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    uninstall KB3035583 and reboot, the icon will be gone

to prevent it in future win updates, do a manual check for updates and when you see KB3035583, right click and hide, it will then never be installed again until you wish to unhide it
    That's great info.
    Thank you, Sir.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Upgraded last Friday and so far no issues to report apart from failing to find a number of settings that appear to be hidden. Digging around helps me find where things are, though.
    Hello Frank,

Do all your programs (I bet you have many! ) work with no problem?

How did Microsoft manage to make Win 10 back compatible with software older than the OS itself?
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

I did say 'so far.' Haven't had one fail, yet, or had to reinstall. I've used Photoshop CS5 (the latest version I have as I refuse to subscribe to the cloud and I can't see enough difference between CS5 and CS6 to warrant buying CS6 if I can find one), NoF 15 and 13 (haven't tried 12 as yet; only have one site left on that), CoffeeCup HTML editor. I'll try others progressively.

I upgraded a computer to Windows 10 Pro that started out on Windows 7 Pro that was upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and then Windows 8.1 Pro.

This was before the public release of Win 10.

No issues at all with the OS or any software I use.

On the other hand, I upgraded a machine running Windows 7 Home and it crashes with a blue screen (Kernel Security Check failure) every ten minutes or so. If I'm not doing a thing. Less often if I'm working in a program... such as Fusion 2015.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue jumping from 7 to 10 that doesn't occur from 8.1 to 10.

Both systems have similar specs.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Not a single day passes without some news on www.Yahoo.com about what Win 10 is doing to people's computers.
    One day last week I counted 8 articles on different topics ...

Even today at the time of this posting I have seen three articles but I stopped reading them.

Wow, wow, I wait until the dust settles ... January 2016

Thunderbird works better than on w7, more stable. All browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Aviator) work ok. Refuse to use IE but haven't uninstalled it. Photomatix works fine. ESword works fine. Even most of my Vaio programs still seem to work ok and they haven't been updated for years (bought this laptop in 2010). Hitman Pro, AntiSpyware and Bitdefender all work fine. Filezilla is good. Even Basta computing's Reglo is still working fine, and that hasn't been updated since the '90s.

How much will Windows 10 cost this time next year?
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-...151702409.html

Oh boy..... Another "rent to (never) own" product.

I have not used a new Adobe product in years with no plans to move beyond CS6 (DW/PS) which was their last "retail box" product.

Maybe we will get lucky and they will start support for XP again (for a monthly fee of course)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz