Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Angry Windows 10

OK, my computer has updated to Windows 10, after stating that there were no compatibility issues.

BUT

NOF 2015 starts but never displays, it runs at around 8% CPU but never shows on screen. Click it again and it start a second/third/fourth.... copy of itself, all consuming CPU, but none get to display, all are treate3d as background tasks. I've tried Windows 7 compatibility mode, no difference. Older versions of NOF do exactly the same thing too.

HELP!
    Last edited by master668; 07-30-2015 at 02:02 AM.

You should try uninstalling and reinstalling NOF. Make sure you have all the serial numbers (including previous serial number for upgrades).

I had a similar issue when I migrated to a new system drive.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Yes, just did that before I saw your post, and now it works. Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by master668 View Post
    OK, my computer has updated to Windows 10, after stating that there were no compatibility issues.

BUT

NOF 2015 starts but never displays, it runs at around 8% CPU but never shows on screen. Click it again and it start a second/third/fourth.... copy of itself, all consuming CPU, but none get to display, all are treate3d as background tasks. I've tried Windows 7 compatibility mode, no difference. Older versions of NOF do exactly the same thing too.

HELP!
    Just finished the upgrade to 10 myself. Checked NOF2015 and all seems to be OK at this stage. I haven't tried doing much yet. Basically just opened a site and previewed it in Firefox.

Update: Just trried the same (open & preview) using NOF2013. Same result - all seems to be OK
    Last edited by agt; 07-31-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: update to reply

I shall NOT upgrade to Win 10 on my Win 7 Home Basic PC, but I shall buy three brand new PCs in January 2016 after prices settled.

Win 10 has big issues which have been announced to be fixed in Oct. 2015 release.
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

An article:

How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 or 8
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/29606...ws-7-or-8.html
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Is it slick marketing or is it just Windoz terrorism?!?!?!?!?

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

Ha, ha, haaa, Mike,
    I just read the article because I am directly interested and thought of posting it here.
    I for one want no Win 10 in my Win 7 machine ... I shall wait until Win 7 is terminated in 2020 and throw the PC out at that time.

In January 2016 I shall buy three new PCs with Win 10 and I hope to finally switch everything to wireless peripherals.

Not upgrading either - WIN10 changes all your default programs (a pain)...AND you do NOT get the option of switching of automatic updates - how many times have THEY caused problems?, let alone the constant updating and restarts. I must be unique in that I don't actually mind WIN8 now I am used to it....

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    uninstall KB3035583 and reboot, the icon will be gone

to prevent it in future win updates, do a manual check for updates and when you see KB3035583, right click and hide, it will then never be installed again until you wish to unhide it