Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Netobjects 2015

Default Buying Netobjects 2015

Does anyone know of an alyernative way to buy Netobjects 2015 Upgrade without dealing with Asknet please?
    A couple of weeks ago I tried to buy it but I never received the program even though they accepted my payment. They ignored all of my emails. It has now been refunded but has left a nasty taste in my mouth.
    Thanks

I am sorry for your trouble, but I do not know of an alternative way.

Perhaps having a member of your immediate family buy NOF 2015 will do the trick.

Perhaps using the e-mail address which your Internet provides to you when ordering online is a better idea than using e-mails like Yahoo.com.

Are you a first time NOF buyer?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Since_v4 View Post

Are you a first time NOF buyer?
    Pardon me, I realize you - with 59 posts - are not quite a total NOF beginner / first-time buyer.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert542 View Post
    Does anyone know of an alyernative way to buy Netobjects 2015 Upgrade without dealing with Asknet please?
    A couple of weeks ago I tried to buy it but I never received the program even though they accepted my payment. They ignored all of my emails. It has now been refunded but has left a nasty taste in my mouth.
    Thanks
    in many cases, such payment gateway responders can end up in your spam bin, have you checked there?

also, you can contact steve@netobjects.com and explain your issue

Thankyou for your replies.
    I have used NOF11 for several years then tried WWB. The current site I maintain for our club is more suited to NOF. Therefore I thought the time was right to upgrade as the price is very competitive now.
    Yes I have done all of the obvious things and checked spam folder as well as monitoring my Netobjects account. Nothing was ever sent other than a screen splash after submitting my order through Paypal saying I would get an email.
    Steve was copied in on most of my messages, but he also chose to ignore me.

it could be that your ISP has enabled spam assassin, in which case email may disappear before you receive it, contact them and ask

I host websites and leave this option off unless the customer requests it

Thankyou all for your suggestions.
    I use a gmail address. When I look in the spam folder it's doubtful anything is blocked.
    I guess it's possible I could have done something wrong, but what upset me the most is that my requests for help were ignored. I would still like to buy the NOF program but I am now also concerned that this is an example of the ignorant attitude the developers have. It's not as if there are a shortage of alternatives.

say no more

many gmail users don't receive all email that is sent to them, it is filtered before you get it by the powers above

gmail blocks entire IP ranges if anyone from that range is a spammer

Quote Originally Posted by Bert542 View Post
    Thankyou all for your suggestions.
    I use a gmail address. When I look in the spam folder it's doubtful anything is blocked.
    I guess it's possible I could have done something wrong, but what upset me the most is that my requests for help were ignored. I would still like to buy the NOF program but I am now also concerned that this is an example of the ignorant attitude the developers have. It's not as if there are a shortage of alternatives.
    Bert,

Get upset on somebody ONLY if and when you know all the facts.

Maybe there is more to your "bad" story with NOF which you do not tell us. Who knows?

On the other hand, I wonder until when are serious people going to use disposable e-mail addresses like gmail, yahoo, hotmail which are meant for schoolchildren?

I for instance have a domain name registered to my name (US$9.98 / year) and a 1-page web site with a contact form on it, hosted for US$9 / 3 (three) years. I get several e-mail addresses of my choice and many forwarders which I create when needed and delete when I get the first spam.

All my personal, important e-mails go from and come to e-mails connected with my domain name.

I have yahoo e-mails too and I ran a test sending brief e-mails to myself with a web site name (like www.weather.com) at the bottom of the message. Guess what all my tests ended up in the Spam folder.
    Next, I sent new test messages with variations such as www . Weather . com in the body of the message and they all went to Inbox.

For several years now I use my yahoo e-mails less and less.

Remember: with free e-mail services, you get what you pay for ...

Thanks guys for your insight.
    It's why this forum is one of the best in this field. And one of my reasons for wanting to stick with NOF.
    So, what should I do now?
    I can honestly say I have never had problems using the gmail service until now. I have bought numerous things using Paypal.
    If anyone can confirm a good experience buying from Asknet using Paypal, I might give it another go, buying again re-registering anew with my real email address.