Thread: What the heck has happened now!

Default What the heck has happened now!

I’ve just got myself into a pretty pickle, I hope someone can sort me out.
    I have been modifying my site. and changed the home page and two others along with a few navigational changes. I then published the whole site which is now at www.schooner-britannia.com just like I want it.
    However, when I went back to my NOF worksite to make another few changes, I find the site has reverted back to my old site.
    I only have one backup, and that is the same as the old site.
    I haven’t a clue what’s happened, or how to bring the alterations back to my worksite.
    JR.

can you make sure that autosave is enabled in application settings
    if not, changes will not be saved unless you manually save before exiting

That doesn't seem to make much difference Anton. I don't know how it happened but the whole of my workplace is corrupted. No assets, no text, no images. I'm no expert, but I think I need to somehow copy the site from the website, (which is how I built it before the crash), to my design page. Is that possible?

that is not possible

have you tried any of the autosave files?
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/autosaves.png

I wish I could easily explain the problem. I've been with NOF since 2, and both contributed and asked for help, but this current problem has me beat.
    I decided to make some alternations to the home page, and add a new navigation page to the site I’ve building for ten years which now has 57 pages. It is about my sailboat. www.schooner-britannia.com
    I changed the index page and added a new navigation page. Then I local published the whole site which appeared fine, then I published it to GoDaddy and that appeared as it should. This is the current site which works perfectly.
    A few days later I wanted to add another page, of an article that has just been published in a boating magazine—I write articles for boating magazines in UK, USA, AU, and NZ.
    Upon opening NOF I knew something was very wrong.
    I got a notice saying the current sitestyle has been deleted, please set a new style. I have always used museum1.
    I clicked close, and the site navigation appeared correctly.
    I clicked Home, and the page opened but without any images or text, just squares where they should be. This is the same for all 57 pages.
    So I looked in the assets file and see that all the assets are marked 0KB in size. On clicking an image a box tells me the asset is not found locally. This is now the same for all assets. So I’ve lost all the assets. And the text.
    I looked in the Britannia file in my documents folder, Netobjects system/user sites/Britannia/ and all that is in there is local publish – none of the other files at all.
    I looked in the backups folder, but I can’t understand it, so I haven’t messed with it.
    I seem to have lost the complete program.
    That’s where it stands at the moment.
    The site is okay on the web, but I obviously can’t publish anything else until I get NOF working properly.
    I've looked on my CuteFTP and the service site looks okay, which is why it still looks fine on the web, but I can't understand what the left side (NOF) files are doing.
    It's all a complete mystery, why I lost the site style, why are the assets showing zero kb. Whats happened to the other files?
    What's the next move?

did you ever back up your user sites folder to another drive? I do this on a regular basis

is it possible that a third party antivirus program deleted your files

is Nof installed in the default location? or custom location?

what is your OS?

when you open your site and go to style view, can you set the correct style? or is it missing?

when you open your site and inspect local publish settings, what is the path it is pointing to?

open win explorer and in the search bar, type *.nod (this will find all nod files on your C drive, check them out)

did you ever make a template of your site as backup? search C drive for *.nft (this will find all templates)

Thanks for this Anton.

did you ever back up your user sites folder to another drive? I do this on a regular basis
    No ‘fraid not. The repository path was Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\Backup Manager\Britannia1

is it possible that a third-party antivirus program deleted your files
    That’s a good question Anton. I recently engaged a website developer company called Semrite.com to build a more up-to-date site. They said it would do it in six weeks, but after four I had nothing, so I pushed them. A day later I got a very amateurish jpg of their proposed home page, which was nothing like what we discussed. So I fired them, and I’m trying to get my money back. I guess they are not happy, but neither am I. They had access to my site, but I’ve changed my password now. Could they have screwed it up—who knows?

is Nof installed in the default location? or custom location?
    The default location.

what is your OS?
    Windows 10

when you open your site and go to style view, can you set the correct style? or is it missing?
    It is missing and I can’t find it on my computer or in NOF files. It was Museum

when you open your site and inspect local publish settings, what is the path it is pointing to?
    C:\Users\Roger\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\Britannia1\Local Publish

open win explorer and in the search bar, type *.nod (this will find all nod files on your C drive, check them out)
    I’ll look at these.

did you ever make a template of your site as backup? search C drive for *.nft (this will find all templates)
    This found an old .nft file from 2019 and a notice saying it was built in an old version (probably NOF 12). There are probably twenty new articles/pages that I’ve added since then. Should I say yes to this warning and see what happens.

can you check the Autosaves folder of your site, what is in there? also check recovery and styles folder
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/autosaves.png (path to autosaves)
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...s-recovery.png (files you can restore from)

do not import the old nft at this stage

your external webdesigner would not have had access to your PC, that is only possible via Teamviewer or Anydesk and you need to be present