Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Text on GIF Image?

Default No Text on GIF Image?

NOF 2015 - I have GIF image (circular on a textured page background, so I want transparent edges) and I want to add text. The text disappears in Preview and Publish. Is this a known deficiency in NOF2015?

it should work fine as long as the text color is not the same as the transparency color

example, if the original transparent color is white and you type white text, you will see it in design view but not when published or previewed

make sure you do not alter images in application settings, be sure to set jpg, gif and png to "not optimized" because by Nof default, these are incorrectly set to best gif, best jpg and best png and they all end up in the autogen folder and quality will be reduced as a result

also, be aware that in Nof2015 you can place a textbox on an image and type as long as HTML output is set to HTML5 and you use UDF8 char set

I am using HTML5 and UTF8 (I assume you meant). I have tried it with PNG and GIF, not optimized,and different colours of text. Nothing works. GIF, PNG and JPG Images without transparency are no problem. I saw an old post with this issue and NOF11 - It was a "known issue at that time". It's 2015 now. I'd be curious to see a working example where it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanK View Post
    I am using HTML5 and UTF8 (I assume you meant). I have tried it with PNG and GIF, not optimized,and different colours of text. Nothing works. GIF, PNG and JPG Images without transparency are no problem. I saw an old post with this issue and NOF11 - It was a "known issue at that time". It's 2015 now. I'd be curious to see a working example where it does work.
    can you supply such an image so I can see it happening

meanwhile, just type by using a textbox over the image

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    can you supply such an image so I can see it happening

meanwhile, just type by using a textbox over the image
    I've attached (or am at least attempting to attach) a GIF and a PNG and a JPG of what I'm trying to achieve (I want it to work on a textured background). I don't know if the images alone will be enough (without context) but please try inserting text and let me know if it works for you.

I suppose I could type over but the text in image gives me more fonts to choose from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelenaVista Logo No H No BG (shrunk).png 
Views:	77 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	2281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What I Want to See.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	2283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HelenaVista Logo No H No BG1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	2282  

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Hi Sean
    I always make photo editing and transparency settings in external editor (Photoshop), because you have more control for the quallity then. For example you get a much smother transparency this way. And if you edit the text in the same time in Photoshop (or what you use) you don't have to be aware of the colors and you get a better animation.
    Thomas
    Hola Thomas; I've been using Photoshop to prep the images. Didn't know you could do it in NOF.
    Sean

I tested your image and it works fine with text
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/Anton-0020.mp4

I see that - Thanks for taking the trouble. I created a new site from scratch and it still doesn't work. So the question, I guess, is why does it work for you and not for me?

it could be a setting of current site or an application setting?

attached are my settings, try them and if it still fails, start a new site and add the image and text to it, export as template and attach here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0056.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	2288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0057.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	2287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0058.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	2286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0059.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	2285  

also, make sure you have build 1049 (latest update installed)