Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Format a TabTop MLR

Default Format a TabTop MLR

I'm using a TabTop MLR and I want to set the background colour but nothing I do seems to work - It always behaves transparent and shows the underlying colour/texture of the page or layout region. There seems to be an option to change the background of the MLR or individual pages but nothing changes. I notice there is a little lock icon in the top left corner of the Properties window. How do I unlock the MLR? Will that make the difference? (The Style is unlocked).

you want to change the background color of the MLR content section? or the top section, the Tab bar, the area that holds all Tabs?

I would be happy to leave the area behind the tabs as is (transparent) but I do want to control the content area background.

click with the mouse in the content area to focus it

this will show you the bg property panel, set the color or image
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/N...abs-top-bg.png

I have been doing that but when I set a colour for the background it looks OK in Design but disappears in preview\publish. Funny thing is I can set a .gif background to the panel and that works OK!

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    click with the mouse in the content area to focus it

this will show you the bg property panel, set the color or image
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/N...abs-top-bg.png
    I have been doing that but when I set a colour for the background it looks OK in Design but disappears in preview\publish. Funny thing is I can set a .gif background to the panel and that works OK!

On my system, this MLR works OK with the legacy sitestyles but not with the "local sitestyles" that came with NOF2015. So it works OK with "Broadcast Blue" but not with "Basic Green". Do you get the same behaviour?

Posted this reply earlier but I think it disappeared - Hope i'm not repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanK View Post
    On my system, this MLR works OK with the legacy sitestyles but not with the "local sitestyles" that came with NOF2015. So it works OK with "Broadcast Blue" but not with "Basic Green". Do you get the same behaviour?

Posted this reply earlier but I think it disappeared - Hope i'm not repeating myself.
    I can confirm that it fails with the Basic Green sitestyle, must be a Nof bug

to solve, go to text menu, manage styles and set bg color to automatic instead of transparent, then set the color as per my previous post

see instructions
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/Anton-0064.png
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 09-29-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks Anton - Just tried that and it works just as you said. It looks like the Manage-Styles dialog opens up all sorts of options.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanK View Post
    Thanks Anton - Just tried that and it works just as you said. It looks like the Manage-Styles dialog opens up all sorts of options.
    Sean
    yes, I use Manage Styles a lot, much better and more logical than doing it in style view, Nof9 was the last version where style view was still logical