Thread: Fusion 2015 is shocking slow.

Angry Fusion 2015 is shocking slow.

Hello,

since several years I always ask the same question to the technical fusion support when a new Fusion version was coming out.
    We have a Website with about 800 pages and with MS-SQL-Server connections on several pages.
    The website had about 6000 assets.

Fusion 2015 is shocking slow and a normal work is not possible.
    Just changing from one page to another needs about 3 minutes.
    We use a 3 month old iCore 7 very good PC with SSD drives inside, but Fusion is still slow.
    This is not a hardware problem!!!

Over the years we´ve done everything we can do from inside the program, but I guess the .nod database is awful slow and out of date comparing to SQL databases getting for free today like MS-SQL-Express or My-SQL Server.

I guess during upgrade there a still some dead items in the database that could not be deleted regularly inside Fusion 2015.

So who can open the database and can clean up the database from these dead items?
    What can we do to start working in a productive way?

Do anyone have the same problem and what can I do?

Best regards,

Rene

Assets View > Assets > Delete all unused file assets

Site View > Tools > Re-optimize.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

You may consider splitting your site into five sections, one for each on the menu bar. The "start page" would still be you main with the other four as sub domains. The links in the menu buttons would then go to the sub domain site instead of that page. This is a common practice for some people with large sites that do not want to use a server side program like WordPress. So now your files will load, save and publish faster. Just a thought.
    Regards - Donald

Quote Originally Posted by gl33 View Post
    You may consider splitting your site into five sections, one for each on the menu bar. The "start page" would still be you main with the other four as sub domains. The links in the menu buttons would then go to the sub domain site instead of that page. This is a common practice for some people with large sites that do not want to use a server side program like WordPress. So now your files will load, save and publish faster. Just a thought.
    Regards - Donald
    I second that
    Before I swapped over to Wordpress, my website had almost 1000 pages and was slow between pages. Turning off autosave speeded things up quite a bit, (NOF saves the whole file when you swap pages) but it still meant everything was at risk in one big .nod file.
    Follow Chuck's advice, then 'export to template' the various sections of your site from Site view. Building a new separate site for each smaller section will speed things up considerably, and avoid the smaller risk of losing your complete website in one go if something goes wrong in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene View Post
    Hello,

since several years I always ask the same question to the technical fusion support when a new Fusion version was coming out.
    We have a Website with about 800 pages and with MS-SQL-Server connections on several pages.

We use a 3 month old iCore 7 very good PC with SSD drives inside, but Fusion is still slow.

Over the years we´ve done everything we can do from inside the program, but I guess the .nod database is awful slow and out of date comparing to SQL databases getting for free today like MS-SQL-Express or My-SQL Server.

I guess during upgrade there a still some dead items in the database that could not be deleted regularly inside Fusion 2015.

So who can open the database and can clean up the database from these dead items?

Best regards,

Rene
    yes, I also made the experience that several upgrades can intensify problems inside a single project.

a) split the project

or

b) use a database

c) probably best: start from scratch

and don't keep up too many pages open (top tabs above the ruler in the application screen)!

Quote Originally Posted by Rene View Post
    Hello,

Best regards,

Rene
    Hi Rene,

I've replied to you via support portal.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Thumbs up NOF 2015 Slowness Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Assets View > Assets > Delete all unused file assets

Site View > Tools > Re-optimize.
    Thank you for sharing this. It worked great for me. It would take 30 to 60 seconds to change to each page in Page View. After re-optimizing, it is taking a few seconds.