Thread: FTP Details not showing on setting up new site for FTP

Default FTP Details not showing on setting up new site for FTP

When I select FTP in publish settings the entire list of settings will not display for me to complete for the FTP publish. I have never not had these come up when selecting FTP as type of publish. Help. I have setup numerous websites and am publishing them in Version 13 and all of a sudden this website which I have edited to be published won't let me set it up. Any help is welcomed.

So I cannot enter server: Directory: User Name: Password: and Live URL: information for this to be published.

this usually means that Java on your PC has got corrupted or is missing, uninstall it if it exists and then install Java from www.java.com (deselect any free offers such as AVG during installation)

Thank you Anton, I took your advice, removed my copy of Java, downloaded latest version and had an on and off situation with settings. Really flaky...one time you see it next not. It acts like the settings part of the app is not on but you can create a new setting, name it but it does not show as new. When you go to publish, it will let you see those created via the publish and selecting the icon/pencil yo can see them but they don't work. when it is flaky, if selecting FTP as type, it will never bring up all the fields to fill in and complete for the setting. A couple of times I could select the SFTP and all the fields would display and let you set them but it like never saves it as new to see it above. I tried deleting the Java again, same thing. Just does not work. I am so frustrated. Any other ideas? thanks!

Update on above issue. I have been able to get to settings now, not sure how or why, but input settings, connected via test to Godaddy ip address fine. But, when I publish, it looks good but I get the following message "Base directory /xxxx/ public_html o\does not exist would you like to creat it?" I know the directory exists on the Godaddy ip directory I am publishing to. Godaddy says "do not say yes" to the message. Godaddy says it is a NOF program issue. Anyone else experienced this publishing to a site where you know the file exists? Tearing hear out at this point. Thanks for any experience to solve this issue.

it's almost certainly a path issue. Not a program issue.

Depending on how your hosting account it set up on GoDaddy, it could be that the directory should be simply /. It may be chrooted and not require the full path on the server.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

issues like that will never happen with local publish and then using filezilla (free)

configuring Nof ftp is a hit and miss and guessing game until you figure out the correct path and transfer mode required by the ISP

filezilla auto detects the transfer mode and the path can be easily configured once connected to server and you see all the directories

usually, /public_html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0074.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	2295