Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navigation Menu Won't Work in Layout Region in Top Border

Default Navigation Menu Won't Work in Layout Region in Top Border

If I put a nav-menu in a layout region in the page header border the fly-outs are behind the images and text in the page below.

The menu works OK in a layout region in the page.

It also works in the header if it is in a box but not if it is in an actual layout region.

I want it to be in a layout region because I want the background to match the layout regions in the pages which have a graphic background.

I have attached a couple of screen-captures to illustrate.

The first menu is not in a layout region

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu - OK.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	2296

This menu is in a layout region - The flyouts disappear behind the contents of the page below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu in Layout Region- Not OK.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	2297

Any suggestions?

Can you have a graphic background to a rectangle? That would bw a work-around

Thanks

Banned

Don't think you can have a graphic background to a rectangle...but no need for that!
    I had exactly the same issue the past week......see my recent post
    Menu is behind Text/image
    Started by gprit, 1 Day Ago

Select the menu navigation
    Edit CSS Property Sheet / Position
    Set z-index to 9999

Think that should work.

Thanks for the reference - I have tried that but it makes no diff. I only have this problem when the menu is in a layout region in the header part of the border.

(I thought I had replied to this thread earlier but I don't see the reply. Sorry if I am repeating.)

Banned

Yes...my problem was also in a layout region....
    Did you use a NOF template?
    Do you have a link to the problem?

Banned

If you would like to PM me and send an exported template I'd be happy to have a look.

I did not use a template - Started from scratch. I have sent a PM.

Do you have autoframes turned on by any chance?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Nope.

Interesting question\point. I'm not using autoframes but I see that if I switch the top border to a frame it reproduces the same bad behavior, even when I am not using a Layout Region. So I imagine that gives us a clue.

Banned

Resolved via PM - issued here for others.
    Hello Sean - have had a look at this now...
    1) the menus now work, overlapping both a rectangle and a text box with text.
    Did this by a) setting the menu position to 9999 and b) setting the Text Box and Rectangle position to -1

Really a not easy way to achieve this is it? Why don't they just put a command in so that you can choose an object and then 'bring forward' 'Send backward' etc!!
    I upgraded direct from NOF10 to NOF 2015 and before the upgrade I never knew z-index existed, let alone change them

Thanks Graham. I had tried setting the menu to +999 but that was not enough on its own.

I notice that your example, in which the menu works correctly, had the offending objects in a LR. I experimented with that and noticed that if you take the objects out of the LR, the text-box works OK if its z-pos is -1 but the rectangle doesn't work. But they both work, regardless of their z-pos, if they are in the LR that has a z-pos of -1. I suppose it is a container of sorts.

Yes - Most inconvenient not having a move to front \ move to back option. I guess they just lie their in the order they were created. I often just cut and re-paste an object if I want it to be on top.