Thread: Social Media Share Button

Default Social Media Share Button

I'm not sure what happened to my previous post, but it does not appear to show up. (Well the subject is there, but when I click, there is no text)

I'm having trouble with a javascript social media share bar (on the side of the page). I installed the script, and placed the text where I believe it should be and it is only picking up the Meta Description and the Logo for the page, not the actual content for the page. I am not technically using frames, but I am using the Master Border style layout. I read that sometimes these share bars don't work with iframes. Is the layout that I am using an iframe? How can I fix this so that pinterest, twitter and Facebook can accept shares of the actual page content?

If you have time, the site is at: www.mmdrdesigns.com

Thanks!

Thanks Thomas! I had no idea this "documentation" existed I will try it out tonight and see if it works for me! I had seen the snippets before, but never really understood them.

I will post up if it works (or doesn't, I guess).

Thanks again.

So the snippets did partially work. I managed to change things around a bit and was able to use a snippet for Pinterest sharing, which was my primary goal. Some of the other social media snippets did not work the way I had hoped, but they gave me another idea for social media sharing. I'll still keep searching for a way to have my content shared across FB, Twitter and Google+, just in case there's something out there!

Thanks!

Take a look at AddThis if yours is a for-profit web site.

I'm feeling left out. Snippet?? I see on the documentation the Snippet icon is just to the right of the Picture icon, but my Standard Toolbar doesn't have the Snippet icon. And when I go to fetch it... we'll, here 'tis what I'm a seein'.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	2307
    Shucks. Wish I had one of them Snippets....

look in custom components, media tab

or the video tool flyout menu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0101.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	2308